Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 2.29 Average
Bleeding Brakes
I have a '55 2.0 ltr HDI MultiSpace Desire, had to replace a rear slave cylinder, also had a leak on one of the front callipers (just needed the pipe tightening up).
Tried bleeding the brakes the conventional way pressing the pedal & slacking then tightening the bleed nipple. Problem was that there was still air bubbles coming out & not seeming to make any progress:brickwall:. Read something about using a pressurized kit for systems with ABS.

Anybody else had problems bleeding brakes?
Perhaps you should have read up on the procedure firstly before wading in and then finding problems.

ABS systems and procedures for carrying out work on them are more complex than basic braking systems.
Berlingo Multispace 2.0HDI '54 reg Mediterranean Blue
(28-10-2011, 10:02 PM)krzykat Wrote:  I have a '55 2.0 ltr HDI MultiSpace Desire, had to replace a rear slave cylinder, also had a leak on one of the front callipers (just needed the pipe tightening up).
Tried bleeding the brakes the conventional way pressing the pedal & slacking then tightening the bleed nipple. Problem was that there was still air bubbles coming out & not seeming to make any progress:brickwall:. Read something about using a pressurized kit for systems with ABS.

Anybody else had problems bleeding brakes?

Follow this link in "How To" section: http://www.berlingoforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=12
Download M59 manual & you will find instructions in it for bleeding brakes.

2003 Citroën Berlingo 2.0HDi Multispace Desire
Thanks for the link, managed to do it using the Gunson kit from Halfords, lots of air came out more than you would expect from the capacity of the slave cylinder. Got air out of all of the brakes always thought the brakes were a little spongy. When the Gunson bottle was pressurized it almost emptied it before we started to bleed the system.

Did read the manual replacing a slave cylinder & it said about just bleeding the one wheel so can't understand why there was so much air in the system. Also not much choice as the slave cylinder was just starting to leak so couldn't leave it, took all precautions to stop any air getting into the system.
Glad you have sorted it out. Haynes manual is a bit crap for this vehicle I am afraid.... Similarly with any electrical equipment removal and refitting, Citroens are a bit strange and you need to follow a set procedure with things or risk knackering something up.

Always worth a look on the forum first as there is usually someone "Who has" or "Knows how to".

Good luck and enjoy your Berlingo, I have a '54 Multispace which I have owned for just over 12 months and I still like it even though some of the things are a bit contrary....
Berlingo Multispace 2.0HDI '54 reg Mediterranean Blue
I think you will find your the tool dooglebus for replying to a thread that's three years old.

Well done, clap clap clap

Do you have a problem you need help with, planning to help people with their problems or just enjoy being a troll?
(29-10-2014, 04:50 PM)homeruk Wrote:  I think you will find your the tool dooglebus for replying to a thread that's three years old.

Well done, clap clap clap

Do you have a problem you need help with, planning to help people with their problems or just enjoy being a troll?
Well done homeruk i think you hit the nail on the head
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy