Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 3.38 Average
Automatic car lock
Is it possible to make your car locks, lock automatically? My girlfriend drives my car from time to time and tonight she was driving home from work and luckily she had pushed the lock button on the dash. She had to slow down because a drunk man was in the road, but as she did he tried to get in. Sometimes she doesn't always think of locking the car. So if anyone knows if I can set it to lock automatically when you start to drive I would be very grateful

Thank you

53 plate Berlingo Multispace Forte 1.9D Polar White
I guess the answer is yes as my mk 3 does this automatically after driving a few feet. How it works I dont know, BUT sometimes that auto locking can also be a pain in the arse , eg, we have a half mile farm track with gate at end, If I have a passenger who opens gate for me, I drive through and doors auto lock,
On mine (mk. 3) the doors lock automatically when 10 kmph (6 mph) is reached just to prevent such occurrences as your girlfriend experienced. As Pete pointed out it can be a pain occasionally but I'd rather have it than not. It's just a button push to open the doors.

2010 Berlingo Multispace HDi 110 with FAP. Persamos green.

[Image: ab197646.gif]
Lliam. Automatic blocking of a door locks is not possible because there's no such function in BSI of M59.
Of course, this option in B9 Berlingo is present because it has other CAN structure.
This function can be active if you have alarm system

I don't think thats totally right pk?

We had a M59, 2L HDI Enterprise model, and that had the autolocking doors on it. But saying that, i have not seen it on any other M59's, nor have i seen many 2.0L HDI's around.
Thank you all for your replies. Just hope she remembers to push the lock button for now

Thank you

some clever knowledgable guys on here my friends....
Andre. Some top modifications of M59 were equipped with factory pre-installed alarm system(by Delphi). It is very expensive option especially if to order it via dealers. Only main block(unit) costs approx. $500 without sensors.
In this case autoblocking or superblocking of door locks possible.
Just checked mine (mk2) and all you have to do is hold the door lock button (on the dash) until you hear a beep. A message then shows to say that auto locking is active. To de-activate, just hold the button down again
2005 Berlingo Multispace 1.6i Desire (Iron Grey)

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

I'll have to give this a try, thank you Chris, I'll let you know when I have the car lol. And thank you everyone