Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
[Tires & Wheels] Winter tyres for '11 e-HDI90 Airdream semi-auto
Hi - newbie to forums here. please read slowly as I am only typing with one finger. Just chopped in the faithful '06 1.6 HDI multispace ( which I bought new,but with 92k on the clock I thought I'd upgrade before any expensive repairs ) for a e-HDI 90 Airdream EGS. I was sad to see the old one go but after a round trip to the south of France ,which included an hour long traffic jam I wanted something that had automatic gears and cruise control.
I note that this model, unlike other current Berlingo's with 16", has 15" wheels. The dealer couldn't say precisely why this was the case. Anybody got any ideas.
I'm buying a spare set of steel rims with Nexen Eurowins fitted from the dealer ( the choice was those or Matador MPS520's or Dunlop SP LT60,s)
Does anyone have any experience of these winter tyres?
Reviews look favourable Tintin!
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to steve valentine for this post
I've only driven on a few different winter tyres, not the ones you mention, but from that limited experience I think even a budget winter tyre will be 10 times better than a great summer tyre.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Snowman for this post
Hi,Welcome- was told by dealer that the steel 15 inch wheels were to do with keeping emissions levels down.(eh?!) I think it was to keep the costs down probably.Should maybe contact Citroen UK for definite answer. I know Auto Express done a review of Winter Tyres recently-you can check out their website.
Former 2011 Mk3 XTR owner Confusedalut:
[+] 1 user says Thank You to taxi for this post
Thanks guys for your response. Taxi - tried that route but they bounced me back to the dealer. I think you,re right Snowman - although the old Berlingo on it,s standard tyres was pretty good last year ,winter tyres have got to be better still . I used to have a Citroen G.S that ,with it's large ,thin tyres and suspension height raised to maximum,could go where polar bears couldn't. It was pretty good in the desert sands of Oman too !
lets see a piccy of new machine then.
2010 artic silver VTR with EXTRAS.......Confusedunny:
[+] 1 user says Thank You to pch for this post
(19-11-2011, 05:58 PM)pch Wrote:  lets see a piccy of new machine then.

I am to latest technology as salt is to a slug. I think I have a digital camera somewhere - I'll dig it out and capture an image. Ah yes- then I have to upload it. I wonder if one of my grandchildren is around tomorrow....?