Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.86 Average
Service spanner
[/size]Service spanner seems to have stopped at 9000 had been counting down from 10000 have had the clocks set on trip meter the last couple of days could this affect the service spanner? any input much appreciated Confusedillyme:
It shouldn't matter that the trip meter has been on - I have mine on practically all the time and the numbers reduce.
Now an ex Berlingo owner, I have a C4
2010 (B9) Berlingo Multispace XTR HDi 112 - Kyanos Blue
Previously - 2002 (M49) Berlingo Multispace 2.0 HDi Diesel - Arctic Steel
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Mike for this post:
  • blingo driver
thought that Mike cheers for the reply little bit of a mystery miles are going up as is the trip meter but no move on the service spanner if anybody has any idea why not?
read a coupe of posts on the forum about the servicing indicator but makes no sense to me would think it would just go down as the miles go up :S
It's not a direct relationship - i.e. if you travel 90 miles, the service indicator will not necessarily go down by 90 miles. It adjusts the distance required to your next service automatically, depending on the type of driving done. Motorway miles will take longer to rack up a service than the equivalent number of miles travelled stop start on short journeys.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Coco for this post:
  • blingo driver
Cheers coco kinda get the gist of what your saying was kinda puzzled as it seemed to be going down mile for mile before hand and just today sat on the 9000 all day but that clears it up for me will keep a wee eye on it the next couple of days. thought as it was done in miles it would just go down as you clocked more miles up but it not moving kinda had me guzumped Confusedcratch:
So even if i have clocked up the 10000 miles on the car the service spanner might still have miles left on it ?
kinda weird one that why set it in miles then?
Maybe it just me Rolleyes
(28-11-2011, 09:55 PM)Coco Wrote:  It's not a direct relationship - i.e. if you travel 90 miles, the service indicator will not necessarily go down by 90 miles. It adjusts the distance required to your next service automatically, depending on the type of driving done. Motorway miles will take longer to rack up a service than the equivalent number of miles travelled stop start on short journeys.

That's not something I have experienced. Is that definitely right?

I am sure mine resets to 12K and clocks down the actual miles done.

In a word - yes.

Page 18 of my handbook states:-

"Service indicator............................The point is determined by two parameters:
- the distance travelled,
- the time elapsed since the last service
NOTE: the distance remaining may be weighted by the time factor, depending on the driver's style of driving."
My German language manual for my Mk 3 says the same thing - influenced by driving habits and time since last service. Having said that, the mileage to service is counting down at the same rate the traveled mileage is increasing - 1:1
2010 Berlingo Multispace HDi 110 with FAP.  Persamos green.

(29-11-2011, 05:26 PM)3rensho Wrote:  . Having said that, the mileage to service is counting down at the same rate the traveled mileage is increasing - 1:1

All I can say is, your driving must be in perfect harmony with your car !
Quote:All I can say is, your driving must be in perfect harmony with your car

Must be set for drivers like me. Mostly city and country lanes, very little motorway. With 9000km on the clock avg. speed so far is a putt putt 35 km/h. SmileSmile Not allowed over 120 km/h here in CH and haven't taken it on the Autobahn in DE yet (might get run over by a Lamborghini doing 300 km/h)
2010 Berlingo Multispace HDi 110 with FAP.  Persamos green.