Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 3.12 Average
floating gear stick
'er indoors was driving the Puglingo van back home today and when reversing into the shed she needed to shuffle a bit and the gear stick became disconnected. Like stirring porridge she said. Sad

It's too dark to see anything so I'll have a look in daylight.

I'm assuming it's a connector rod popped off, no? I hope I can get it back on myself as I haven't been away from the garage this last while (not with the Puglingo, but our other car). The garage owner must think I'm stalking him. Wink

Any tips or advice?
This any use??
(28-11-2011, 10:43 PM)slugulike Wrote:  The garage owner must think I'm stalking him. Wink

emphatically NO !!!! probably lining his arse pockets as we speak :whistle::whistle::whistle:

Berlingo Multispace 2.0HDI '54 reg Mediterranean Blue
I'll post another picture of BE's gearbox control.
[Image: gearboxctrl.jpg]

Problem is somewhere in a links 2 or 3.
Thanks folks, excellent diagrams.

Had a look this morning and it's the lower link (no. 3 in diag.) that has popped off. This link seems to be all that stops the whole control rod from sliding off the big ball joint.

What is the usual failure on these? Mine appears to have 'broken' at the larger end where the ball joint is encased in rubber. I have removed the link and retrieved the bit left still attached to the other ball joint. And now I've glued it all back together! Confusedillyme:

It will need replacing soon, but now the rain has eased a bit I'm off to reattach the mended link and see if I can get mobile again.
The similar problem with lower link is the same as in MA gearboxes Smile
You're not alone Smile
A quick update. The repaired link is now re-installed and gear change is as good as new. I can't imagine how it came off but it was very tight going back on. I'll keep an eye on it.

It not such a huge job, just very awkward. If you have a long neck and long arms -preferably 3 :lol: - it can be done with a bit of patience. My engine is the 1.9D and there is a fair amount of room to work, all done from above. Haynes' manual (as usual) makes it seem more complicated.

Thanks for help.