13-12-2011, 08:43 PM
(This post was last modified: 13-12-2011, 08:49 PM by pk7478.)
(13-12-2011, 01:16 PM)wertyu2007 Wrote: sorry about this
ive tried to search but there are so many threads with central locking problems i cannot pin point my exact problem .
the lock wil lock but immediately pop back open .
Yes. Have an ideas.
1. A lot of dirty inside pflip (remote control).
2. Defective lock/unlock button on the dashboard.
normally that happens when the doors not shut properly. Check all door catches, make sure doors are shut properly, check make sure door switches arent faulty. Does your interior light stay on when you shut your doors? the one in front and back? if it does then that would let you know if one of your switches is faulty as vehicle thinks door is still open. When you shut your door, the switch pushes in breaking the circuit.
The following 1 user says Thank You to tommyberlingo for this post:1 user says Thank You to tommyberlingo for this post
Clean door locks with electrical contact cleaner. If you do not fix it ... or try a reboot of the BSI.
Here are the steps (These are followed and if disconnecting the battery for more than 5 minutes).
1. Put the driver's window down, lift the bonnet and ensure all equipment is switched off.
2. Ensure all doors are closed and remove key from the ignition.
3. Wait for 3 minutes, disconnect the vehicle battery and wait 15 seconds.
4. Reconnect the vehicle battery, wait a further 10 seconds (do not open doors.).
5. Switch on the side lights through the driver's window.
6. Switch on the ignition and check system's functionality.
7. Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.
8. Remove key open & close door test central locking system.
9. Start the engine and complete the system's check.
Failure to follow this procedure could result in incorrect operation of many BSI related items
The following 1 user says Thank You to berlingopower for this post:1 user says Thank You to berlingopower for this post
im a bit worried about disconnecting battery just in case alarm activates as i dont have alarm fob or does key button work alarm .
I don't know for sure.
I have disconnected my battery several times and I've not had to use the fob. I've basically reconnected it and turned the key to start the engine. But I've never done the BSI reset so I don't know how that affects things?
I've carried out this procedure a number of times and never had a problem