Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 2.31 Average
steering problem
Sad 
Steering wheel was slightly right when driving straight.

Brought it to be tracked. Now when you accelerate it turns to the left and when you take your foot off it steers right again.

Brought it back, he went at it again. Seems slightly better but still there.

Used a corgi digital machine.

Donno is it wasting my time going back again, could his machine be wrong, anyone experience anything like that or know what could be wrong.

Just to clarify before there was no problem just though it might be out because the steering wheel wasn't straight on a straight

Vans a 07 1.6 hdi berlingo
Mine had always been perfect, until a bus pulled out on me and snapped my track rod arm.

New arm fitted and had it tracked and the tyres did not wear evenly. It seemed to be slightly towing out.

I've had it tracked again recently and I await to see if it happens again!! The steering wheel has never been 100% strainght when it should be ever since.

I think it's a fine art getting the tracking spot on even with the laser equipment and there aren't too many who get it spot on!
Hi Corkgsxr.

Please, check the pressure in hydraulic part of a steering system.
This problem can be because of very high pressure in a system.
His machine could well be inaccurate. A friend had tracking done at a local garage & his front tyres scrubbed out. They admitted responsibility & bought him 2 new tyres.
Check your bottom suspension arms mate. They cause the tracking to be well out when they are on there way out.

I had mine on a laser 4 wheel alignment, set the tracking right, steering wheel straight, and everything fine.

Few months later, I changed my bottom arms as bushes were very worn. Tracking was out by far! Pulling to one side and everything. So had to get tracking done again. Not to mention the bottom arms failing on berlingo's are very common too.

So could be the suspension out, giving an inaccurate reading to his equipment.

Also make sure your tyres are the correct pressure prior to getting tracking done.

Tommy
My one thought about it being a prob with the van is It wasn't there before he went at it
yeah but now hes set the tracking to what "shows correct" on his machine, will now not be correct because of inaccurate reading due to worn arms, if you get what i mean? thats exactly what happenned on mine. and my tracking was so bad out, from steering wheel being straight to being nearly 45 degrees turned to go straight lol.
Problem was the left front wishbone, front chassis bushing was completely shot.

Took a almighty time to change but just to get the tracking put right now its sorted