Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Serpentine/auxiliary/drive/alternator belt routing
Hey all. Sorry if this appears elsewhere, I guarantee you I've spent hours and hours searching for the answer to this question.

I have a 1.6 e-hdi (don't ever get one) multispace on a 13 plate and the serpentine/drive/auxiliary belt snapped. I cannot find anywhere online or in books that looks quite like my engine. Close, but not the same.

My issue is that the same belt (same make, numbers and length) that snapped won't go back on! It's not even close, even with the tensioner right forward.  I have attached a pic, basically mine looks like the picture, but with an extra pulley that I've drawn in red. Then drawn where I assume the belt should go, but it's way too short. 

Any ideas? Please help ha ha

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Maybe try putting your VIN into catcar.info for the part number?
(26-04-2021, 08:02 PM)madted21 Wrote:  Hey all. Sorry if this appears elsewhere, I guarantee you I've spent hours and hours searching for the answer to this question.

I have a 1.6 e-hdi (don't ever get one) multispace on a 13 plate and the serpentine/drive/auxiliary belt snapped. I cannot find anywhere online or in books that looks quite like my engine. Close, but not the same.

My issue is that the same belt (same make, numbers and length) that snapped won't go back on! It's not even close, even with the tensioner right forward.  I have attached a pic, basically mine looks like the picture, but with an extra pulley that I've drawn in red. Then drawn where I assume the belt should go, but it's way too short. 

Any ideas? Please help ha ha

maybe you have 2 tensioners.
Peugeot Partner Tepee 1.6 BlueHDI 100, year 2017
If you like gaming visit GameForest
Dont you have to swing the alternator down to get the belt on then set the tensioners back in place? The extra wheel will be an idler pulley.
Previous:
2017 B9 1.6 BlueHDi Van
2012 B9 1.6 HDi Van
2008 M59 1.6 HDi Van
2003 M59 1.9D Van
Try the gates belt website they have all the belts listed and a lot of info. Is your multispace a stop start hdi?
I'll check my Haynes when I can. It will be in there.
Previous:
2017 B9 1.6 BlueHDi Van
2012 B9 1.6 HDi Van
2008 M59 1.6 HDi Van
2003 M59 1.9D Van
(26-04-2021, 08:02 PM)madted21 Wrote:  My issue is that the same belt (same make, numbers and length) that snapped won't go back on! It's not

Doesn't make sense to me ?

Maybe you are putting the belt on incorrectly or perhaps in the wrong sequence ?

For example on my M59 1.6Hdi when changing the alternator belt you put it over the crankshaft pulley last however if you try and put the belt back over a different pulley last the belt won't fit / you cannot get the belt over the last pulley.

Maybe you have a similar issue ?
2007 M59 1.6 HDi 

Serieal Berlingo owner  Heart Heart Heart
You should try putting a belt on my BMW R1200RT motorbike. There is no adjustment and no way to slacken anything. You have to wind the belt on. Unless you have the special tool it's a bit of plastic cut from a marg tub to wind it over.
Thanks all for the advice. We got to the bottom of it, by fluke. The second pulley that doesn't exist in pictures is also a tensioner that needs to be pulled back and locked in place.

Very strange, it doesn't appear on any technical drawings I found. Must have been an add on at some stage, but they told no-one?! Thanks again
(28-04-2021, 08:03 AM)madted21 Wrote:  Thanks all for the advice. We got to the bottom of it, by fluke. The second pulley that doesn't exist in pictures is also a tensioner that needs to be pulled back and locked in place.

Very strange, it doesn't appear on any technical drawings I found. Must have been an add on at some stage, but they told no-one?! Thanks again

I told you that it might be a second tensioner, Peugeot and Citroen at some time installed 2 tensioners, but don't know what was the logic of doing so...
Peugeot Partner Tepee 1.6 BlueHDI 100, year 2017
If you like gaming visit GameForest
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to deejay_xb for this post:
  • madted21