Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.78 Average
Hi all, picked up an iron grey diesel Berlingo Desire with glass roof and modutop, its an 07 with only 16000 miles! Its a replacement for my Kangoo wich was written of just before Chrismas! Happy so far quite nippy i think its the 16 valve, fuel guage not moved much which is another bonus, looking forward to upgrading the radio and speakers, connecting an ipod and dab would be nice so i can get Smooth radio 70s channel.
so will have a search round the site, does anyone know if its got iso or is it the canbus type? another small problem is the multi display, one bulb has gone which i have read the thread about replacing, but on the display one line of the digital display is only half with the other bit missing, guess i will have to pick up a used display module? Think its the better one with trip and mpg etc.
will have a good look round the site now
Cheers Allan,
Welcome to the site Allan, sounds lovely. :wave:
Want Help with the Forum? Read Help Documents Here
 [Image: mybbsig.php]

Hi and welcome to the forum

Iron grey is the best Berlingo colour :thumbsup:

Good luck with your new purchase
2005 Berlingo Multispace 1.6i Desire (Iron Grey)

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Petrol or diesel, Allan?
Welcome! :thumbsup:
[fon‌t=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]The Older I get the Better I Was!  Cool [/font]
(22-01-2012, 12:03 AM)OlJeffers Wrote:  Petrol or diesel, Allan?
Welcome! :thumbsup:

Hi, she's a diesel, can't remember the last petrol car I had! Reckon that I'm getting about 50 -52 to the gallon, which is petty good for over here, so very pleased so far, find it a little more basic than the kangoo but time I make a few changes and tighten up some screws etc I'm sure we'll get along great!:lol:
Well it's a 1.6TDi and yes, it has a CAN bus. 50-52mpg is about average for mixed driving conditions but if you can
resist the urge to keep up with the car in front on motorways some truly spectacular figures can be obtained from a
well looked after Berlingo.
I drove from Aylesford to Waterlooville and when I got onto the A3 after all of the speed restrictions on the M25 I was
seeing 70.1mpg! The overall mpg for the whole trip was 64.8 IIRC. I was keeping the revs below 2500 where possible
and 'short shifting', getting into 5th. at around 35-40mph.
Although it seems to be a matter of taste I find the car to be comfortable over long distances despite me having a bad back!
[fon‌t=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]The Older I get the Better I Was!  Cool [/font]