Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Baptism of fire for the newbie!
Took Berlingo to work for the first time today, around Buxton. Set off in crisp sunshine, came out at lunchtime to torrential rain... which turned into a giant hail-blizzard, then the sky went black over the tops & we had a lightning storm. Then home to snow! A good test for the car i'd say. It went up some steep, winding hills in 3rd which I kind of wasn't expecting. And after having an automatic micra for 5 years, I was very glad of gears.

Last night , i went for a brief spin over the moors towards Huddersfield. I noticed something that you all probably know already! Bearing in mind that i go that way regularly and have done so in various small cars & an Astra van over the last 10 years- I do not remember anyone overtaking me on the dangerous "S" bend bit. However although I went at the same speed I normally do & the car pulled well up those hills... EVERYBODY felt the need to overtake me all the way!! Confusedcratch: This meant them breaking the speed limit by miles on very dangerous bends in a place where sheep lie in the road. Whatever! :justno:
2001 Silver Multispace 1.9D

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you ever tried!
Are you saying your Berlingo provoked them, whereas your Micra didn't?! A test for you and them, attach a caravan next time. Cool
Want Help with the Forum? Read Help Documents Here
 [Image: mybbsig.php]

Quote:in a place where sheep lie in the road.

Well, I'm a fan of mutton stew. Glad you're enjoying it.

Tom
2010 Berlingo Multispace HDi 110 with FAP. Persamos green.

[Image: ab197646.gif]
(27-01-2012, 07:28 PM)Andre Wrote:  Are you saying your Berlingo provoked them, whereas your Micra didn't?! A test for you and them, attach a caravan next time. Cool

I dont know! It did fine up the hills, no problem at all so I wondered whether anyone had had that kind of reaction to the car itself. I don't understand car politics. I love the style of the Berlingo but a few of my friends have pulled their faces... at least until the next time they want taking to the airport!! :lol:

I once borrowed my Dad's old Volvo Estate that you had to prop the boot open with a broom handle. Loved it, the road was mine! buses, taxis, white vans- all moved out of the way, brill!

Everyone pulls faces when they first see my billy bus, they they look through the window and see all the room, massive seats, all the storage, the modutop, sliding doors, massive boot.

Then they all want one, but their ego and street cred gets in the way.

Their loss Big Grin
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.
(27-01-2012, 08:35 PM)steve valentine Wrote:  Everyone pulls faces when they first see my billy bus, they they look through the window and see all the room, massive seats, all the storage, the modutop, sliding doors, massive boot.

Their loss Big Grin

I don't get it, what's the point in having a vehicle if you cant carry a dog, 2 guitars, carton of paraffin, a gazebo, facepaints, shelter under the boot, have a picnic in it? Jealous of the modutop by the way!

My friend has an Audi TT sporty thing with bucket seats... no wonder there's a backlog of hip replacement operations! :justno:

(27-01-2012, 08:35 PM)steve valentine Wrote:  Everyone pulls faces when they first see my billy bus, they they look through the window and see all the room, massive seats, all the storage, the modutop, sliding doors, massive boot.

Their loss Big Grin

I love this post :thumbsup:

Totally agree, what is the point of having a tiny little car that you can't fit stuff into the boot. We got food for 50 people for a weekend in our Berlingo and still had room for all our camping gear too Big Grin

2010 (B9) Berlingo Multispace XTR HDi 112 - Kyanos Blue
Previously - 2002 (M49) Berlingo Multispace 2.0 HDi Diesel - Arctic Steel
Probably one of those days Thora.

To be honest I spend my days cursing Micra's and Yaris drivers doing 24 in a 30 zone, so I doubt the bingo will be the cause for today.

My mate who I go fishing with was laughing when I said I was getting a Belingo instead of my Astra when my first kid came along, 8 years back....

Next time we went fishing he was totally different when he saw the room and the car. He ended up convincing his brother to buy one a few months later!!
"room for 50 people" pah....we got 50 people in and room for food.
good way of making money, over the boarders>>>>
2010 artic silver VTR with EXTRAS.......Confusedunny:
It's true, people really don't know what they are missing! I've wanted one of these for years. I spend a lot of time driving to jobs in rural areas & I used to be filled with dread if it snowed while i was out in the micra. While it was a reliable starter, the slightest sprinkling of snow on a steep road would see it sliding downhill sideways. Last year it terrified me driving home from Matlock in the dark in a heavy snow storm. I felt fine in the Berlingo in that biblical hailstorm yesterday. Smile