Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 2.69 Average
OBD II
Hi

I have a 2005 Berlingo van 2.0 HDI. Can anyone advise whether this is OBD II Compliant???

i bought a Garmin Ecoroute HD and have plugged it into the OBD port under tha steering wheel. The Sat/Nav and smartphone both detect it and yet fail to connect to obd

at the same time it will not allow me to setup the device if the vehicle is moving so it must be getting some sort of reading from the engine..

any help
(06-03-2012, 02:00 PM)malcolmph Wrote:  Hi

I have a 2005 Berlingo van 2.0 HDI. Can anyone advise whether this is OBD II Compliant???

i bought a Garmin Ecoroute HD and have plugged it into the OBD port under tha steering wheel. The Sat/Nav and smartphone both detect it and yet fail to connect to obd

at the same time it will not allow me to setup the device if the vehicle is moving so it must be getting some sort of reading from the engine..

any help
Hi
I have a 53 Plate 2.0 Hdi & Garmin Ecoroute works fine so you should have no problems.
It would be worthwhile checking your fuses when battery is disconnected using BSI reset procedure as follows :-
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Put the driver's window down, lift the bonnet and ensure all equipment is switched off.

Ensure all doors are closed and remove key from the ignition.

Wait for 3 minutes, disconnect the vehicle battery and wait 15 seconds.

CHECK YOUR FUSES NOW & replace any failed fuses then shut the drivers side door again.

Reconnect the vehicle battery, wait a further 10 seconds (do not open doors.).

Switch on the side lights through the driver's window.

Switch on the ignition and check system's functionality.

Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.

Remove key open & close door test central locking system.

Start the engine and complete the system's check.

Failure to follow this procedure could result in incorrect operation of many BSI related items
On my MK2 (M59) HDI the diagnostic socket is Fused 10 Amp(red fuse) Fuse is located in the BSI unit, fuse number F6.

BSI unit is just below the diagnostic socket.

I had a similar problem with mine because of blown fuse it would not connect to Ecoroute HD or Lexia diagnostics because of blown fuse[/color][/u][/color][[/u]
2003 Citroën Berlingo 2.0HDi Multispace Desire
Thanks for that BlueBingo

Just one thing - should all fuses be checked inc the engine bay and bsi and also I haven't got remote central locking.

Thanks

(06-03-2012, 06:51 PM)BlueBlingo Wrote:  

any help
Hi
I have a 53 Plate 2.0 Hdi & Garmin Ecoroute works fine so you should have no problems.
It would be worthwhile checking your fuses when battery is disconnected using BSI reset procedure as follows :-
Put the driver's window down, lift the bonnet and ensure all equipment is switched off.

Ensure all doors are closed and remove key from the ignition.

Wait for 3 minutes, disconnect the vehicle battery and wait 15 seconds.

CHECK YOUR FUSES NOW & replace any failed fuses then shut the drivers side door again.

Reconnect the vehicle battery, wait a further 10 seconds (do not open doors.).

Switch on the side lights through the driver's window.

Switch on the ignition and check system's functionality.

Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.

Remove key open & close door test central locking system.

Start the engine and complete the system's check.

Failure to follow this procedure could result in incorrect operation of many BSI related items
On my MK2 (M59) HDI the diagnostic socket is Fused 10 Amp(red fuse) Fuse is located in the BSI unit, fuse number F6.

BSI unit is just below the diagnostic socket.

I had a similar problem with mine because of blown fuse it would not connect to Ecoroute HD or Lexia diagnostics because of blown fuse[/color][/u][/color][[/u]

Have a trawl around the forum for other threads on this same topic. I have written quite a bit about the same thing myself.... Allegedly the 2.0HDI is OBD 2 compliant, but my mate tried 3 or 4 different code readers before we were able to communicate with the engine. Apologies in advance, I did promise to update with a review of whatever instrument I finally bought, but in the event I never got around to buying one.
Berlingo Multispace 2.0HDI '54 reg Mediterranean Blue
[quote='malcolmph' pid='17979' dateline='1331062286']
Thanks for that BlueBingo

Just one thing - should all fuses be checked inc the engine bay and bsi and also I haven't got remote central locking.

Would check BSI fuses only first.

You can ignore the remote key instruction.

Have you tried pushing the reset button on the Ecoroute HD when you are trying to set it up ?

yep tried that several times

I did check fuses earlier today and didnt notice anything wrong, but will try your reset instructions in a while to see.

thanks
(06-03-2012, 08:21 PM)malcolmph Wrote:  yep tried that several times

I did check fuses earlier today and didnt notice anything wrong, but will try your reset instructions in a while to see.

thanks
Let us know how you get on.
If you have no luck it could be a dislodged /distorted pin in diagnostic socket.

tried the reset as described with no luck and there were no fuses blown

had a look at the pins and all seems fine there - can you advise what pins should be connected??

I also tried the ecoroute in the wifes c-max and it worked ok so i know there are no faults with the unit.
(07-03-2012, 11:50 AM)malcolmph Wrote:  tried the reset as described with no luck and there were no fuses blown

had a look at the pins and all seems fine there - can you advise what pins should be connected??

I also tried the ecoroute in the wifes c-max and it worked ok so i know there are no faults with the unit.

Can you P.M me list full spec on your motor,Transmission type, ABS, EPS etc & the RPO Number(This is a five digit number on a sticker which is located just below `A`Post drivers side.)
P.M me your email address and I will send you some wiring diagrams but it will tommorrow /friday as doing O.T at work.

[+] 1 user says Thank You to BlueBlingo for this post

any help
Far as i know any device (Phone,computer) with a USB or RS232 port is electrically able to get a response of some kind from the OBD diagnostic port. To sort out what all the signals mean it must be able to recognise the protocol of the device it is talking/listening to and this is the job of the driver. In this case there may be an APPlication software available for your phone.
Bob