Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.17 Average
Yeehaa i can now join the club
just brought a 05 berlingo van 1.9d with 59000 on the clock. i am only 19 by the way, insurance is a rip off £2300 in my own name thats what i paid 4 her for flip sake.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to TomTheBuilder for this post:
  • taxi
Welcome, how dare you say Insurance is a rip-off lol, next you will be saying Fuel and Road Tax are not good value .:twisted:
Former 2011 Mk3 XTR owner Confusedalut:
(13-03-2012, 12:34 AM)taxi Wrote:  Welcome, how dare you say Insurance is a rip-off lol, next you will be saying Fuel and Road Tax are not good value .:twisted:
Thanks for the weclome. insurance is a rip off would you pay £2300 for 1 years insurance dont think so. i live northern ireland which is the second highest place in the uk for fuel prices, nearly 1.50 per litre of petrol so dont be talking to me about fuel prices my man and tax is only like 200 quid or sumfing like that .
dont worry it can only get worse, enjoy your motoring whilst you can, soon the govenment will take this pleasure of us, oh and by the way there is a tax coming soon on forums, so we cant chat about them .....
welcome....
Pete
2010 artic silver VTR with EXTRAS.......Confusedunny:
::
(13-03-2012, 02:33 AM)TomTheBuilder Wrote:  [quote='taxi' pid='18218' dateline='1331598868']
Welcome, how dare you say Insurance is a rip-off lol, next you will be saying Fuel and Road Tax are not good value .:twisted:
Thanks for the weclome. insurance is a rip off would you pay £2300 for 1 years insurance dont think so. i live northern ireland which is the second highest place in the uk for fuel prices, nearly 1.50 per litre of petrol so dont be talking to me about fuel prices my man and tax is only like 200 quid or sumfing like that .

:censored:
I know only too well about high insurance and fuel costs as I drive a taxi for a living, mate- its shocking what outlays need to be paid before any chance of making money.Poor old drivers getting hammered more and more-when will it stop ?
Former 2011 Mk3 XTR owner Confusedalut:
Its a common misconception that vehicle insurance is all about the value of the insured vehicle. That is the easy bit for the insurance company to risk assess, because its value is known. The next easiest bit for them to assess is historical record of the driver category, usage and normal area / type of use.
What they don't know is the value of the car/s that you may hit ! or the person / people you might injure ( or worse ) .

£2300 has to be weighed against you writing off some one else in their Mini or Rolls Royce, the first being more likely, the second more costly ( just few of them about to hit ! ) but both a heck of a lot more than your insurance .

(13-03-2012, 12:49 PM)jericlin Wrote:  Its a common misconception that vehicle insurance is all about the value of the insured vehicle. That is the easy bit for the insurance company to risk assess, because its value is known. The next easiest bit for them to assess is historical record of the driver category, usage and normal area / type of use.
What they don't know is the value of the car/s that you may hit ! or the person / people you might injure ( or worse ) .

£2300 has to be weighed against you writing off some one else in their Mini or Rolls Royce, the first being more likely, the second more costly ( just few of them about to hit ! ) but both a heck of a lot more than your insurance .

Thats ok to say all that, but explain to me how i can get insured on my 2006 gti golf worth about 7 grand for around £1300 pound and i cant get insured on this wee 1900cc diesel van that wouldnt pull you out of bed for under 2 grand . remember i am only 19 .
You say that its who or what i hit and the cost of fixing it thats its based on .So how does that work if they would have to pay out more to fix my gti than my wee van worth 2500 if i crashed [hopefully not lol ]

i only use the van for social purposes to save me running my gti which does 28mpg ,so its not insured for work purposes so that shouldnt effect it.
Commercial vehicles are expensive to insure, it costs me the same to insure my van as it did my Jag!
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.
Yep....... me too!!

1.9d van 2003 reg....... 600 quid to insure, TPFT, I'm 29!
Where as my bike.... Suzuki SV650, 09 plate, fully comp, 281 quids!

Gotta love random insurance eh.....Smile
Adam..2003..1.9D..LX..Silver Crew Cab Van.....
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
Hi Tom

Welcome aboard. I can't believe the cost of insurance, I guess being an old fart has some advantages [Image: Grandpa_Angry.gif]

2005 Berlingo Multispace 1.6i Desire (Iron Grey)

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.