Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 3.76 Average
Fuel economy on '11 XTR
Since getting my new XTR 1.6 90 in September last year I have driven 4000 miles, a mixture of suburban and motorway driving, lightly-loaded, no trip less than 4 miles, I've averaged 43mpg. My driving style is sedate, smooth acceleration & braking, 70mph on the m'way. My wife has a Skoda Yeti 2.0 125bhp and gets 47-50mpg, her driving style is a lot less smooth. Citroen suggested that after 4K miles the fuel economy would improve. I was hoping for something closer to 50mpg mixed driving, is this unrealistic?

Thanks.
Its quite normal, my MPG is around 43-44 and its used as a taxi. My other half drives a Skoda Octavia 1.9 110BHP and gets around 47-49 its also a taxi. I thought with the Berlingo being only a 1600cc it would be more economical but its not. Look at the 1600cc VW engines they get way more MPG than citroen do.
I DO MISS MY BERLINGO Heart
They do seem to become more economical with time many members here have found.
[fon‌t=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]The Older I get the Better I Was!  Cool [/font]
i get about the same around town and up and down 1000ft mountain daily, I do however get 50 when I go on a run, I have 24k on the clock. traffic and hills/mountains reduces economy, BUT for such a big car its not really bad, not many cars can get railway sleepers in, big furniture in, sleep in back, and still give average of 40+ as ageneral mpg. Never go by figures given by govenment, car manufacturers, or politicians. Its all horses for courses as we know in life, but overall I`m not too unhappy. Of course I would like more but I am certainly spending a lot less per month than in my VW T4 camper.
I considered a mini estate , claimed nearly 70 mpg, but too small, the skoda estate as above but not enough room for my needs and 2 yrs ago not really much else. Apart from rattles on suspension [hopefully cured now] I am pleased. Keep looking for any possible alternatine but nothing comes close.
Pete
Vw `s may get more mpg as Phil says but not sure and the extra cost seems well over the odds, especially as reports are coming out not giving 100% satisfaction.
2010 artic silver VTR with EXTRAS.......Confusedunny:

Pete
Vw `s may get more mpg as Phil says but not sure and the extra cost seems well over the odds, especially as reports are coming out not giving 100% satisfaction.

[/quote] For a VW you will pay a lot more money I don't think you would get the difference back in price and fuel. A Caddy Max is almost £20k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I DO MISS MY BERLINGO Heart
(22-03-2012, 09:03 AM)HJ65 Wrote:  Since getting my new XTR 1.6 90 in September last year I have driven 4000 miles, a mixture of suburban and motorway driving, lightly-loaded, no trip less than 4 miles, I've averaged 43mpg. My driving style is sedate, smooth acceleration & braking, 70mph on the m'way. My wife has a Skoda Yeti 2.0 125bhp and gets 47-50mpg, her driving style is a lot less smooth. Citroen suggested that after 4K miles the fuel economy would improve. I was hoping for something closer to 50mpg mixed driving, is this unrealistic?

Thanks.

From what you guys are saying,I should hang on to my mk11 1.6 HDi.
It AVERAGES 54mpg normal driving(up to speed limit where possible).
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
Ours is a 110 XTR, fuel consumption improved steadily over the first probably 20K miles or so, it's now done 38K.

Around town, stop / start driving etc we average around 47 - 48 mpg. Long 'A' and 'B' road runs taken steadily it will average mid to high 50's mpg.

Motorways; usually around 50 - 52mpg.

It's overall 'real world' average is around 50mpg, but it varies hugely depending on driving style and speed/load - far more so than previous cars we've had.
37k and averaging 51.3mpg. mostly urban driving at present.
What would you imagine the top speed of such a vehicle , on an a
utobahn for example ? should you have a boy racer moment :drool:
My XTR 90 is now on 15,000 miles and constantly returning 49.5 mpg, mostly local work.