Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 3.29 Average
PAS Fluid leak
My 2004 2.0 HDi has always leaked a little power steering fluid, Infact it ran almost dry the other night, topped it up to full again but now the leak seem to be getting worse! The vans left small lakes of PAS fluid on the road outside my house (bet the nieghbours love me)

Any ideas on what could be leaking/broken? Gonna take it to a garage ASAP but I'd like an idea on what the problem is first!

Cheers, Pete
'04 Peugeot Partner HDi LX. Lows, Leaks and Wellers. Now matt grey and dent free Smile

(26-03-2012, 08:37 PM)PeteA Wrote:  My 2004 2.0 HDi has always leaked a little power steering fluid, Infact it ran almost dry the other night, topped it up to full again but now the leak seem to be getting worse! The vans left small lakes of PAS fluid on the road outside my house (bet the nieghbours love me)

Any ideas on what could be leaking/broken? Gonna take it to a garage ASAP but I'd like an idea on what the problem is first!

Cheers, Pete

Check where the oil is,at front check pump,behind wheel centres check rack.
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
My 1.9 leaked from the reservoir where the rubber hose joins and is fixed with a crimped steel clip.
1.9d Mk2 (M59/BE4/5) with battle scars from a conservatory attack. Previously owned a 1.4i Mk2 Forte.Confusedalut:
Cheers guys. Going to have a look underneath it tomorrow, Think its coming from around the steering rack but I'll need a closer look..hope its just a seal or clip TBH Smile My gaffers '08 1.6 HDi leaked fluid too..must be a common fault with these old busses!
'04 Peugeot Partner HDi LX. Lows, Leaks and Wellers. Now matt grey and dent free Smile

Turns out some of the pipes had worked loose somehow, still leaking a little from the ram though!