Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
URGENT! need new switch for sunroof
hi all
i have a dilemma its nearly summer and my switch to my sunroof isnt working, other than going to citroen direct and it cost a fortune is there anywhere i can get one cheap? i do try ebay but they dont come up very often
PLEASE HELP !!!!!

Clare x
ps its on of those panaramic ones which folds back to back of the car
Hi Clare - if you don't fancy dealer prices I guess it's down to a trek around a breakers yard or one of the many online used parts dealers such as http://www.247parts.co.uk.
Good luck...
Hello Clare. Before you up and buy a switch, it would be prudent to check the existing switch as your problem may not be with the switch.
It may be a fuse, the motor, the wiring or a roof position sensor if it has one. (Sensors could just be switches which operate when the roof
is fully open or fully closed.) It maybe worth getting an electrician to just check.:thumbsup:
[fon‌t=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]The Older I get the Better I Was!  Cool [/font]
(01-04-2012, 08:12 PM)OlJeffers Wrote:  Hello Clare. Before you up and buy a switch, it would be prudent to check the existing switch as your problem may not be with the switch.
It may be a fuse, the motor, the wiring or a roof position sensor if it has one. (Sensors could just be switches which operate when the roof
is fully open or fully closed.) It maybe worth getting an electrician to just check.:thumbsup:

This is true, I had same problem on a renault and after investigating it turned out to be a relay which was about £70 from webasto.
follow the following link, it is to a scrapyard called motorhog and they have a car like yours in, you could enquire about the parts you need and see if they will deliver

hope this helps.

http://vehicles.motorhog.co.uk/breaking-...nual/8290/