Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
Advice on selling price
Hi thinking of selling my 2003 (52) 2.0 hdi but unsure of what price to ask trade in have offered me about £1300 but that does seem a little low, it's done 107,000 about ave but been serviced every 6 months for the last 6 years iv'e had it, there is the odd small dent and scuff and i think the clutch is on it's way out as it's quite hard to push in when first starting the car but fine whilst driving, looking to buy another one just a bit newer. Any advice would be really helpful.
Without seeing it,it difficult to say.Try looking at Parkers Guide for a good idea of worth.
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
£1300 is a very good price for a motor of that age with that mileage, it won't be worth much more private. It also might take months to sell privately.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.
Have a butchers at autotrader , but remember a car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it :eek:
That's not a bad trade in price going by your description I would have thought about 1800 private
[+] 1 user says Thank You to BerlingoHDI for this post
Thank you for the replies and advice, just trying to find another HDI a bit newer or keep mine and have the clutch done
£1300 is a fair price. The clutch will cost £500+ (and don't even think of using MrClutch unless you want to keep the car at their place for a long time while they try to figure out what they did that stops the car from working!) Even my trusty local garage who I always recommend want £647! :eek:
[fon‌t=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]The Older I get the Better I Was!  Cool [/font]
Had my done when gearbox was replaced didnt realise it cost that much to have a clutch replace thought it was a simple job for a garage to do