Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
oil feed pipe
The turbo has gone on my 1.6 hdi 90 I was wondering if anyone had any experience of the oil feed pipe to the turbo is there a modified pipe ?
I believe that a new larger pipe may be included with a new
turbo replacement kit.
It will almost certainly be available as a Citroen part number.
I hope this replacement is going to be done professionally as if the correct procedure is not adhered to
a new turbo will fail again quite quickly. I think the routine is outlined in a post here on this site if you do a search. HTH :thumbsup:
[fon‌t=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]The Older I get the Better I Was!  Cool [/font]
Thanks for the quick reply ,I have seen a lot on the net regarding the turbos failing it seems to be a major failing of this engine.I will probably drop the sump and have a look at the state of the oil ways / pickup the berlingo has a full service history and has done 130000 so I am hoping that it will not be too bad in there , if any one has a part number for the pipe and a rough price that would be useful.
I'd certainly be checking the oil strainer at the oil pump end of the
turbo oil feed it's full of sludge! If the people who serviced it
failed to use the right oil that would be the giveaway!
Hopee you get it sorted out soon. :thumbsup:
[fon‌t=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]The Older I get the Better I Was!  Cool [/font]
I've heard guys taking the little strainer out of the oil feed pipe, is this a good idea??
(15-09-2012, 10:54 PM)prunty Wrote:  I've heard guys taking the little strainer out of the oil feed pipe, is this a good idea??

I've heard them too, must be the subliminal messages or the voices that told me to do it.... never actually seen them at it thoughConfusedillyme:Confusedillyme::whistle::whistle::lol::lol:
Berlingo Multispace 2.0HDI '54 reg Mediterranean Blue
So it's a bad idea then...

What needs to be stripped of to get it out to clean it then??
I'd leave the strainer in place as if it is catching " crud " then it is doing a worthwhile job of protecting the bearings .... I've never done this job and don't know the access for this but if the pipe could be taken off periodically as part of your maintenance regime then it could be cleaned out and thereby extending the service life of the turbo such that it outlives you, assuming you do the work yourself of course.
I understand that the filter in the banjo bolt at the lower end of the turbo oil feed pipe should be replaced at every service.

I replaced the banjo bolts and feed pipe when I did the turbo the replacement pipe had no strainer but did have a plastic restrictor in the engine block end bolt that I would guess is to stop large particles blocking the pipe my advice if you have got a pipe with the strainer fitted would be to pick it out of the pipe and chuck it .