Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 2.64 Average
Bumper Protector
Does anyone make a rubber type protector to fit on the top surface of the rear bumper on a Mk3?
(10-04-2012, 06:33 PM)Baldricks Pilot Wrote:  Does anyone make a rubber type protector to fit on the top surface of the rear bumper on a Mk3? company called RGM.

Former 2011 Mk3 XTR owner Confusedalut:
Theres a couple of threads about this already if you search, I think only plastic ones are available. Heres mine, I got it from an ebay seller, it could have been the one linked to.

[Image: p8250010.jpg]

The only reason I fitted it was because I dropped a folding bike as I took it out of boot & knocked a hole in the top of bumper. Tbh I wouldn't have bothered otherwise. Its ok-ish. It goes slightly discoloured in the sun but comes back ok with 'back to black'. It covered the damage ok & was far cheaper than a new bumper as there was no way it could have been repaired invisibly.

Fitting was easy enough. Remove plastic fixing screws at front of bumper, apply the cleaning fluid(provided) to bumper, peel off strip on the double sided tape that is ready applied to protector & put in place & replace screws through protector.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Opensauce for this post
Hi, I have the same as opensauce fitted to mine, yes it is a bit pricey, but works. After fitting i did see a possible alternative, Hope that link works, if not search ebay for E-TECH CAR DOOR SILL & LOWER BODYWORK PROTECTOR / TRIM GUARD BLACK
Cut to fit and job done for a fifth of the price of rearguards.
Sorry for my iffy abilities in adding links, but you should be able to find it. I'm sure if not right someone will do it right, if so Thanks!
Hey, the link works!!