Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 3.19 Average
Experience with Eurocarparts.com
I have ordered there twice.
The good things about them is that they ship to Norway ( and most of Europe) for a fixed price of around 30£, they deduct VAT, shipping is fast, and their prices are good.
First time I ordered I was reasonably pleased, ordered brake discs, pads, and various filters. Unfortunately the discs were a bit too small, but i should have measured the old ones (I fit them anyway). Also a pollen filter did not fit. I did not try to return these because of their low value.

Second time (last week) I ordered brake discs, pads, and filters for my Berlingo. Also wheel bearing kit and a stabilizer link.
I now have an issue with the wheel bearings that I have sent them 2 emails and called them about:
The description sais clearly ”Contains two wheel bearing sets” and “Fitted Quantity 1”
http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Citroe...73d&000370
I only received one wheel bearing. I sent them a screen shot of the product description.

Here’s their reply 1:
“We confirm the wheel bearing kit and the stabilizer link are priced per side and you require to buy 2 quantity to fit on your car.
Hence as per your email below we have checked on your order and you have ordered only 1 wheel bearing kit and 1 stabilizer link which has been dispatched and delivered.”

I tell them to actually look at what they write in the description.

Here is reply 2:
“In regards to your query as advised the wheel bearing kit come as a single item, as you will see in the picture there is only one bearing showing.
If you require the part for both sides you will need to order 2 in quantity”

I telephone them and they confirm that it sais ”Contains two wheel bearing sets”, but he is not authorized to send me another kit ( or otherwise compensate me)
I tell them that I expect to receive another wheel bearing. He is now talking to his manager and is getting back to me. This was more than 24 hours ago. Still no reply.

Lesson learned:
Know exactly what you order (make meassurments and so on), don’t thrust any info on their page, especially not the “Fitted quantity” which is wrong on several products. Be ware of extremely arrogant customer service.
[Image: 24dqwoy.jpg]
[+] 1 user says Thank You to jana for this post
Hi jana
I think what the advert means is that there are 2 bearings in 1 outer bearing case. Looking at the advert inside you can see 2 bearing races. These bearings are twice the width compared to a normal bearing , because of the depth that is why you need a hydraulic press to fit them. Only one needed per side.

It is confusing though
[+] 1 user says Thank You to brodfather11 for this post