Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2 Average
wondering am i expecting too much (yes another mpg thread)
Wink 
Right 07 1.6hdi van. Not much in the back.

Seem to get 37/38 mpg all the time.

That mostly driving city/suburbs. 20 ya 30 minute trips on average.

Is that about right or is it low, iv always considered it to be abit low.

While I was checking the codes I checked egr and stuff and all sed they were working right.
Ok I haven't got an hdi but I don't think that's terribly unreasonable. What you need to do is a long run and then see what it's like. Actually if you have just been doing city driving then maybe an italian tune up is called for.
Malc

Stupid computer!
Security system should not fail safe!
Security system should fail dangerous!
I guess that sounds about right if you add 10 mpg on for a sensible motorway type run :thumbsup:
i have just filled my 61000 mile 1.6 berlingo multispace 92 desire with 50 ltrs of diesel which got me 500 miles . this gives me approx 45 mpg driving 20 miles to work on A & B roads in traffic , also a 50 mile blast on motorway at outside lane speeds . i have once achieved 58 mpg on one tank driving carefully & not exceeding 70 0n motorway . The way you drive definatly makes a big differance to mpg .
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Willie Fawcett for this post
After 13K km I'm averaging 48.7 mostly town and country lanes. Very little Autobahn.
2010 Berlingo Multispace HDi 110 with FAP. Persamos green.

[Image: ab197646.gif]
I often think, wow I should be getting more, but if I relate to other cars , my last camper, vw 2.5 petrol auto 14 -17 was tops where I live and drive. What you really nead to do is compare it with your last car and its mpg, they average out much better overall. As long as its same routes. But I bet most never checked previous cars, We expect so much from the berlingo, and it does give better than most mpg for its size. However a smaller lighter car, new mini, Citroen 1 or 2 , being lighter will give more. Horses for courses.
A 1.6 diesel will only give a certain mpg dependant upon weight its shoving around and speed you expect it ti do it at.
2010 artic silver VTR with EXTRAS.......Confusedunny:
my 1.6 hdi 75 currently at 56mpg on mixture of flat 50mph limit A raods and steep twisty country lanes.
Last van would do 58-62 depending on which side of the service interval you were at.
Terrain makes a big difference as does driving style - I drive as if there's a raw rotten egg rolling around on the dashboard.
If you can find it put your display on to the current mpg indicator and adjust your style to suit.
just filled up and checked mpg, 40.8.....thats max 15 miles each way journies, up and down 1000ft mountain, 4 times a day, driving without rotten egg but also without size 12 boots on [sort of normal driving] so off to find a rotten egg now, Its a 90 1.6hdi , mine.
2010 artic silver VTR with EXTRAS.......Confusedunny:
(24-04-2012, 11:58 AM)pch Wrote:  just filled up and checked mpg, 40.8.....thats max 15 miles each way journies, up and down 1000ft mountain, 4 times a day, driving without rotten egg but also without size 12 boots on [sort of normal driving] so off to find a rotten egg now, Its a 90 1.6hdi , mine.

When Im out walking the dog, the local toffs' egg must break each time they see me,judging by the look on their faces.
For a better mpg result than the rotten egg method try a sleeping velociraptor cub or a tall glass of craigs deer-pee.
(24-04-2012, 12:32 PM)evdama Wrote:  
(24-04-2012, 11:58 AM)pch Wrote:  just filled up and checked mpg, 40.8.....thats max 15 miles each way journies, up and down 1000ft mountain, 4 times a day, driving without rotten egg but also without size 12 boots on [sort of normal driving] so off to find a rotten egg now, Its a 90 1.6hdi , mine.

When Im out walking the dog, the local toffs' egg must break each time they see me,judging by the look on their faces.
For a better mpg result than the rotten egg method try a sleeping velociraptor cub or a tall glass of craigs deer-pee.

Top quality post evdama , made me chuckle , cheers :thumbsup: