Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 3.23 Average
Glow Plug change
Please can someone advise me on how difficult it is to change the glow plugs on my 54 berlingo. I know very little about cars, but i have been shown where they are located. Do i need a special tool to get them out and do i have to take off all the plastic housing above themConfusedcratch: Cheers Guys!!
very easy to change 1 hour job
[+] 1 user says Thank You to muply for this post
(25-04-2012, 03:11 AM)muply Wrote:  very easy to change 1 hour job

Do i need a special socket? And do i need to take off the plastic air thing on top:justno:
I have attempted to take off the plastic hose cover??? but could not shift it, any ideas how to move it, pl,pl,pl,pl,please help!!
you need to remove the inlet manifold it black then you require a socket to remove wire from glow plug and the a socket to remove plugs
I undone 2 visible screws on the inlet thing, but could not get it to move. I was afraid i would break something!! Does it need to be a deep socket,as i only have what i would describe as a normal socket set.
yep would say deep but only small sockets should be a easy job have you checked glowplug relay located by passengers side headlight black box
Are they like the "Glow-Plugs" in model aircraft ????
Berlingo Multispace 2.0HDI '54 reg Mediterranean Blue
yep quite small
(25-04-2012, 03:45 PM)muply Wrote:  yep would say deep but only small sockets should be a easy job have you checked glowplug relay located by passengers side headlight black box

No i have not checked the relay , dont know what it looks like, or even what to do if i found itWink I noticed there is like a pump thing near the air in take thing?? I have bought NGK glow plugs, they are about the size of a spark plug
(25-04-2012, 04:53 PM)Rob the Buff Wrote:  
(25-04-2012, 03:45 PM)muply Wrote:  yep would say deep but only small sockets should be a easy job have you checked glowplug relay located by passengers side headlight black box

No i have not checked the relay , dont know what it looks like, or even what to do if i found itWink I noticed there is like a pump thing near the air in take thing?? I have bought NGK glow plugs, they are about the size of a spark plug

To be honest given what appears to be very limited mechanical knowledge I'd stay well away from the engine !