Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
New Boy
Hi Peps, I currently own a Fiat Doblo and am reasonably happy with it. It does everything I need but it is a little basic. I like the look of the MK3 Berlingo but am a little worried about the 90BHP figures. I also think I need a diesel but have never driven the petrol version so dont really know. I was hoping to pick up some hints and tips before I make the decision to change Wink
How many miles do you do a year? You say you think you need diesel but if the mileage isn't over a certain point it isn't cost effective.

Can't comment on the mk3 as i've got a mk1
I only do around 15k per year but a lot of that is on motorway. The Doblo is a little bit sluggish, the 120bhp model is much better and with these chip units you can raise that to around 235 bhp. I hear the Berlingo is a little sliggish in Petrol, not so much in diesel and suffers from rattling issues?
Hi, welcome. I have a mk3 1.6 eHdi and it copes no problem transporting four passengers and their luggage, combined with decent economy also.
Former 2011 Mk3 XTR owner Confusedalut:
(30-04-2012, 07:06 AM)old son Wrote:  the 120bhp model is much better and with these chip units you can raise that to around 235 bhp.

? Really? I don't think you would see anything near that with quite substantial mods, let alone just a chip on it's own.
mk 3 is really good, and in my oppinion a bit more stylish than the dobbo....rattles yes, but dont most cars have little niggles.
2010 artic silver VTR with EXTRAS.......Confusedunny:
I think I will have a test drive of both petrol and diesel and then make a decision. Thanks for your fast response and some really interesting topics. Great site!!