Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
High mile Berlingo's
as some of you may have seen in my newbie intro, I am on the look out for a Berlingo...been looking at other vans such as Combo's and Doblo's etc but people keep telling me the Berlingo is more reliable that the I have my heart set on one.
I only need it for running about in, nothing heavy.

What is considered as a high mileage Berlingo, when i say that, what are they good for? 150k, 200k???

What should I look out for in one say around 100k?

Your info is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.
Best bet would probably be 1.9D which is slow, but with no turbo to worry about. You really want a service history & evidence cambelt has been changed at the 80k miles interval by a competent garage.
[+] 2 users say Thank You to Opensauce for this post
I have one in mind, which has done 105k and states a service history is present and it is a 1.9d, not bothered about speed if I am honest. Thanks for the info mate!
162k only thing out of the ordinary is the alternator
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Coco for this post
(04-06-2012, 05:43 PM)walesy Wrote:  I have one in mind, which has done 105k and states a service history is present and it is a 1.9d, not bothered about speed if I am honest. Thanks for the info mate!

It's not miles that matter,it's the (verifyable) service history & usage.
Hope you find a good 'un.
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
[+] 1 user says Thank You to ron for this post
cheers guys, I may have a source for them now, ex motor factors ones which are serviced in house every 10k. So just waiting to see what comes up.
mines done 146k with full service history and still going strong...seen post on internet of 300k berlingos
The turbo'd hdi's especially the 2.0 will do high mileage but regular oil/filter changes are important look for one with service history.
My first 1.9D Multispace's engine was as crude as Chubby Brown but it would climb up the face of a block of flats. In some ways I miss it now I have a 58 XTR even with all its plus points.
Peugeot/Citroen diesels are pretty bomb proof. i used to have a 405 estate 1.9d i bought it with 250k on the clock for £200 and 11 months mot had it for years and the only part i had to buy was a light bulb for a mot ive got a 2004 2.0 hdi berlingo now 108k runs fine 50'ish mpg around town 60 mpg on the motorways had to put a new raidiator in it but their pretty cheap as long as its not a 'Citroen' garage part.