Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.71 Average
half empty or half full?-
The other day I took my Berlingo to the garage for a timing belt waterpump change. Luckily cos it was very in need of it as it turned out. Before this I went from home to work, three hours later went on to the garage and parked on the forecourt. Chatted with the mechanic who in due course said, Ok lets pull it in then. He got in turned the key and... nothing. Starter motor was completely dead. It was definitely an ex-starter motor. I didnt know whether to cry about the £91 for a new one or thank god for it dying where it did. Coincidence or has my Lingo a Herbielike inner consiousness?
Wow , result ! what luck :thumbsup:
That's how you've got to look at it , how much is a recovery truck and or a day off work as an alternative dude ? Karma favoured you , this time :whistle:
Be grateful for your luck - wherever you find it, or it finds you.
Go for the half full approach, far better to be a happy chappy! Had my lingo in the garage for a new battery and backbox last week and apparently my timing belt doesn't sound too good... So I'm saving up to get that done before it kills the engine!! How much was your waterpump and timing belt change? Be good to get a rough idea of price, Many Thanks in advance!
Mine cost me £190, all in, after hours, cash in hand.
(06-07-2012, 06:03 PM)Clewtang Wrote:  How much was your waterpump and timing belt change? Be good to get a rough idea of price, Many Thanks in advance!
Dont know for mine cos it was done at the same time as the timingbelt /waterpump change, a bit of exhaust welding and an exploratory and fix of an engine mount. All of which came to £480. The new starter unit was £91. so I think it came out about £130 and the timing belt £320ish.