Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Display Issues After Fitting New Stereo
Just thought I'd start a new thread for this as I had a bit of trouble finding the answer to my problem using the search & ended up reading a lot of irrelevant posts.

Fitted my old reliable Sony MP3/CD player today. The Berlingo/Partner is fantastic for easy fitting of aftermarket stereos as it was the first time in a very long time that there was actually room for all of the extra wiring required for the stalk adaptor! Usually there's a lot of swearing & squeezing hands up tight trim gaps involved with other cars.

Once fitted though, I found that the central clock display was doing strange things. Firstly, the display was freezing. The time displayed the same time until the car was switched off & on again. The "Door Open" warning would freeze where it was when the door was closed. I was also unable to set the time or date as holding the left hand button on the display would get "ENGLISH" to flash once, then disappear.

After an exhaustive search using the word "display" I eventually came across an old thread where somebody stated that you need to disconnect the battery & all will be fine once reconnected.

I followed this procedure to disconnect & reconnect:

Put the driver's window down, lift the bonnet and ensure all equipment is switched off.

Ensure all doors are closed and remove key from the ignition.

Wait for 3 minutes, disconnect the vehicle battery and wait 15 seconds.

Reconnect the vehicle battery, wait a further 10 seconds (do not open doors.).

Switch on the side lights through the driver's window.

Switch on the ignition and check system's functionality.

Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.

Remove key open & close door test central locking system.

Start the engine and complete the system's check.

Once reconnected, the clock display was reset at 00:00 & the date reset (but strangely enough all of the settings in the stereo were still memorised & the trip counter on the speedo hadn't reset) & I was now able to set the time & date & the display stopped freezing.

I know it seems daft to post something that is already on here, but in all honesty, I was a bit nervous that I had knackered something when the display first played up & was quite relieved when it worked again & I feel that it is worth passing this information on just in case somebody else does the same thing, but ends up paying an auto-sparky a fortune to fix the problem because it didn't turn up in the first couple of pages of their search.
2000/X Peugeot 406 110 HDi LX Family 93k to 2000/W BMW 530D SE Auto 84k to 2003/03 Peugeot Partner Escapade 95k

Standard so far

[Image: Signature.jpg]
[+] 1 user says Thank You to waue1978 for this post