Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 1.92 Average
TAILGATE TRIM RETAINING CLIPS
Have tried searching for a link to buying tailgate trim retaining clips for MK2, but each time I search I get a link is broken warning. I'm sure there was a post or 2 regarding this matter but I can't find them.
My trim is rattling big time & removal revealed missing & broken clips of two different types.
Confusedcratch:
03 2.0HDI Forte. I need more cash....

Is it these you are after? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10x-Citroen-Pe...4165d6f680
Want Help with the Forum? Read Help Documents Here
 [Image: mybbsig.php]

[+] 1 user says Thank You to Andre for this post
Many thanks Andre, that might be them, will have to go back & look at vehicle to double check. I also found some through Amazon that look sligtly different (but similar!) and there appear to be a pair of different types that fix at the rear wiper motor housing.
Like most people I am loath to try main dealerships due to years of dissatisfaction.

Cheers! Confusedalut:

I had to get them for my MK3 they cost 25p at a Citroen dealer.
I DO MISS MY BERLINGO Heart
[+] 1 user says Thank You to philip for this post
Following up the trim clips above - the ones you linked to are different from mine Andre. However, I have located some through autoclips.co.uk
Less than £3.00 for a pack of ten; too good to be true? Maybe, they are out of stock, but perhaps the company may of use to others here in the future.

(08-09-2012, 02:38 PM)philip Wrote:  I had to get them for my MK3 they cost 25p at a Citroen dealer.
Thanks Philip, might just try that and shrug off years of cynicism. Main dealer only 2 miles away. Smile

got a pack for mine of ebay.cheap.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to landcrab for this post
I put my cynicism aside & went the the Citroen dealer, came back with 20 new clips for not much more than a fiver. They are a different shape from the ones on the vehicle but *work absolutely fine*. Have seen the same on Ebay/Amazon, hardly any price difference, BUT !> autoclips.co.uk - further visits to site revealed part out of stock & they said they would phone back. Never heard a thing from them, perhaps one to avoid.
*The Citroen clips*: As I have said these work fine but note this: when I put the first new clip in place it fell out as the fit is too loose; after a few expleteives the problem was solved by wrapping a short length of sellotape around the clip retaining lug to hold it in place. This could also be achieved by sticking a piece of bluetak in the lug. Once you have done this to all 14 clips the trim panel goes back on fairly easily.....
A few well placed screws would have been a better solution in the original design and easily breakable plastic cilps would not be necessary.

[+] 1 user says Thank You to CitroAddict for this post