Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
The Wave
Hi, I am new to the forum as I am to Berlingo ownership. Please tell me do Berlingo owners as wave as a matter of acknowledgement as they pass on the road?Confusedcratch: Having just had 8 years of running a PT Cruiser where it seemed the norm to be waved and gestured at by other Cruiser drivers sometimes I think in a perhaps Masonic fashion:censored:. Is it me or is it a total fluke that the last few times I have ventured out in the Berlingo other Berlingo drivers have flashed and waved!:brickwall:
John in RotherhamConfusedtudy:
.... Must be a fluke as the Berlingo is so commonplace on the roads .....

:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:
When my domestic is in the passenger seat (not very often) she waves to other Berlingo drivers.
Unfortunately being a Benz driver, she is taking the p*ss, she hates Berlingo drivers! Tried to educate her. Failed. She has even started waving at Partner drivers, but that's because she can't tell the difference!
Is this grounds for divorce?
Used to happen all the time when we drove Beetles and later with the Land Rover to a lesser extent. Never had a wave from a Berlin owner but had a few unusual waves from a few other drivers - often BM's or Mercs . Strangely they seem to use either one or two fingers.. Very puzzling.
'56 Multispace 1.6HDi - Iron Grey
(16-09-2012, 07:56 PM)pidgeonpost Wrote:  Used to happen all the time when we drove Beetles and later with the Land Rover to a lesser extent. Never had a wave from a Berlin owner but had a few unusual waves from a few other drivers - often BM's or Mercs . Strangely they seem to use either one or two fingers.. Very puzzling.
Probably jealous.lol.
Former 2011 Mk3 XTR owner Confusedalut:
i wave to all drivers just to see who wave's back :lol:

:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:
MK1 Berlingo, Y-Reg 1.4 Petrol Now LPG Converted.
:wave:
I DO MISS MY BERLINGO Heart
(16-09-2012, 05:52 AM)silverfox Wrote:  Please tell me do Berlingo owners as wave as a matter of acknowledgement as they pass on the road?Confusedcratch:

I wave to other Berlingo drivers.  Few wave back.  They just look puzzled.  But that doesn't worry me.  

OK - I don't usually wave to van drivers, just Multispace drivers.  And while I always wave to Mk1 & Mk2 drivers, the Mk3 may share the name, but it is quite a different vehicle, so I only wave to them when I'm in the mood.

And (Coco, I hope you are reading this), I will sometimes even wave to drivers of Mk1 and Mk2 Partners.

Quote:Having just had 8 years of running a PT Cruiser where it seemed the norm to be waved and gestured at by other Cruiser drivers

I was clearly supposed to be a PT Cruiser driver.Big Grin

Actually, I've always been a fan of the PT Cruiser. I remember how excited I was when I got hire one in America. A wonderful car.

Not a patch on the Berlingo of course, but still wonderful.
(17-09-2012, 09:30 PM)Northman Wrote:  the Mk3 may share the name, but it is quite a different vehicle, so I only wave to them when I'm in the mood.

:lol::lol::lol:
MK1 Berlingo, Y-Reg 1.4 Petrol Now LPG Converted.
I've never had a wave from another 'lingo owner, but then I've never given a wave to one either.
When I had a Mk1 MX5 it was quite usual to wave at other owners, but only Mk1 or Mk2 owners though, probably like the Blingo the Mk3 was a different beast and so were the owners Wink

Don't let it stop you from waving though, sure they may think you're some kind of mentalist, but who cares?? :wave: