Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
09 Multispace XTR purchase help
About to pick up my first Berlingo on Monday afternoon. Can anyone suggest any Berlingo specifics to look / listen for before I sign up?
Test drive was fab, engine sweet, boolers, brakes and tracking good
and no undue noises. Being a total novice though I thought it might me prudent to ask members for a heads up. Many thanks.
Which engine and mileage?? Maintenance record is critical. Regular oil/filter changes with proper oil (especially if HDi). Fuel and air filter changes. Timing belt changed? Tire wear even? Any fault codes?
2010 Berlingo Multispace HDi 110 with FAP.  Persamos green.

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to 3rensho for this post:
  • Mindyerlingo
(29-09-2012, 06:02 AM)3rensho Wrote:  Which engine and mileage?? Maintenance record is critical. Regular oil/filter changes with proper oil (especially if HDi). Fuel and air filter changes. Timing belt changed? Tire wear even? Any fault codes?

Thanks, It's only got 15k on the clock, 1.6 90 HDI. I will write these points down and re check the service history. I've got a notion to change the oil / filter and air filter. I've done this in the past with diesels no matter what, that way I know its done!! What weight and type of oil best suits these engines? Used Castrol edge in the X Trail and the wifes Pug previously and very impressed, although pricey I know it made a heck of a difference to the engine running notes especially on the X Trail (Chain timing )
It should have been serviced every 12months as mileage is low. If it has been serviced by a Citroen garage, the correct oil should have been used. At time car was made, Citroen recommended oil was Total Quartz 9000 which is fully synthetic. You can also use the more modern Quartz INEO.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Opensauce for this post:
  • Mindyerlingo, ron
Check the lids on rear floor storage compartments are not broken ( expensive to replace, so it seems ) and don't forget to check that the complete toolkit etc is under the passenger seat. Good luck & enjoy your new car.
Former 2011 Mk3 XTR owner Confusedalut:
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to taxi for this post:
  • Mindyerlingo
So far I've only used Total Quartz Ineo ECS 5w-30 on mine. Any oil that meets the proper PSA spec. should do nicely. ACEA A5 / B5 / C2 and PSA B71 2290. There are several threads on this forum about proper oil.
2010 Berlingo Multispace HDi 110 with FAP.  Persamos green.

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to 3rensho for this post:
  • Mindyerlingo