Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.86 Average
G'day!
G'day all!
Well I could be considered an interloper as we don't own a Berlingo ... yet.
All being well that will be remedied within the near future. We are hoping to have a test drive in a couple of days time and then all being well we will be placing an order for a new XTR HDI 110 with several of the additional bells and whistles.
We are both 'well retired' and have been driving a Citroën Xantia estate (tourer?) for the last 12 years or so. Decreasing mobility for both of us has caused us to consider replacing the Xantia - the problem is getting in and out. We have looked at a few models from the Citroën range anad came to the conclusion that a Berlingo would be the ideal replacement. At the moment we need to transport a mobility scooter (for me) but my wife will almost certainly require her own within the next few years. So ... we have decided to get pretty well the top of the range options wise as this most likely to be our last car whether new or secondhand.
All being well I will relate to you how we get on with the XTR.
Best wishes,
Jim & Tracey

Berlingo XTR HDi110, Tivoli Blue, Modutop, MyWay etc etc
Hi Jim and Tracey and welcome to a really good and growing forum. I biught a new vtr last March and am so pleased with it. MK3 looks good [in my opinion] Ive added a few extras on top of available extras to suit me.
I get approx 47 mpg on average [I live at 1000ft on side of mountain so up and down all day, along with welsh country hilly lanes, so not bad 50 is easy on dual carriageways, especially using cruise control. I would choose cruise control, reversing sensors, air conditioning if possible. Modutop is fantastic.
So good hunting and like you this will have to last me for a very long time.
regards
Pete
[+] 1 user says Thank You to pch for this post
Hi Jim and Tracey,

I bought a new Multispace HDi 110 last October and love it. Like you, my wife and I are not getting any younger (I retired last fall) and the missus was complaining about getting in and out of my old Nissan Sunny. We are over the moon with the Berlingo. For our lifestyle and type of driving it is ideal. Looking forward to some pics of your new acquisition when it arrives. Until then happy shopping.

Tom
2010 Berlingo Multispace HDi 110 with FAP. Persamos green.

[Image: ab197646.gif]
[+] 1 user says Thank You to 3rensho for this post
Hi! Yes I have an XTR110, goes well enough & easy to get in & out of so you will like it, I'm sure.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Opensauce for this post
Welcome along J&T, thanks for the intro Smile
Want Help with the Forum? Read Help Documents Here
 [Image: mybbsig.php]

Hi and welcome to the forum
2005 Berlingo Multispace 1.6i Desire (Iron Grey)

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Hi Jim &Tracey great introduction,a warm welcome to the forum and i think a 110 xtr with extras is a great choice,make sure you get the rear tailgate opening window a great touch for shopping,saves opening up the very large rear door.
Good luck with your search.
Eamonn
Welcome to the forum, good to have you here

Lliam
Lliam

53 plate Berlingo Multispace Forte 1.9D Polar White
We have taken the plunge and put a deposit on a new Bingo so will no longer be interlopers.
Having had zero enthusiasm from our nearest Citroën dealer with regard to test drive or giving us a quote we went a bit loopy and travelled the length and breadth of the country (Chelmsford, Essex to Warrington, Cheshire) to meet Ian Brown of Barclay Motors who dealt with our enquiry most efficiently and came up with a quote which will not overly hurt the pension.
In some eyes I guess we have gone overboard with the options etc but this car is going to have to last us until we give up motoring.
We were very impressed with the standard XTR 110 on having a test drive - Tracey did the driving as she is the number one driver.
So, all being well we will have a Bingo built to our own specification for delivery (it is thought) in May. Just got to hope that PSA workers in Rennes don't make us a Friday afternoon car.
Will keep you advised of the progress.
Best wishes,
Jim & Tracey

Berlingo XTR HDi110, Tivoli Blue, Modutop, MyWay etc etc
So what are you having as extras? we are all waiting to hear......