Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Tailgate trims
Can anyone shed some light as to how the rear door trims are held on [the black plastic trims with 'Citroen' and 'Berlingo' on]?

I notice the Pug Partner does not have these at all, so I'm curious as to whether the Berlingo has them stuck on, or whether there are holes in the door skin for them to clip into.

The main reason for asking is that I notice that most used Berlingos and Partners usually come with dented doors, and should I have a Berlingo and buy a Partner door for replacement, I don't really want the faff of lining up and drilling holes to take the Berlingo trims if they are clipped.

Thanks.
(07-11-2012, 02:05 PM)LowLingo Wrote:  Can anyone shed some light as to how the rear door trims are held on [the black plastic trims with 'Citroen' and 'Berlingo' on]?

I notice the Pug Partner does not have these at all, so I'm curious as to whether the Berlingo has them stuck on, or whether there are holes in the door skin for them to clip into.

The main reason for asking is that I notice that most used Berlingos and Partners usually come with dented doors, and should I have a Berlingo and buy a Partner door for replacement, I don't really want the faff of lining up and drilling holes to take the Berlingo trims if they are clipped.

Thanks.

They have locating plugs on the back that clip into pre drilled holes in the doors.
I know this because I've just had mine off today to try and knock out some of the dents in the doors...:lol:
I am also considering changing the doors, but can't seem to find any 'solid' ones without windows....Confusedcratch:
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Merlecollins for this post
Thanks for the info. If I happen to get one with damaged rear doors, I'll probably try to find a clean pair of Partner doors as I think they look nicer without the black plastic.
The o/s one (not seen n/s, but probably the same?) is held on with 2 plastic clips and 1 nut and bolt.
I know this as mine works itself lose and rattles (annoyingly). Have to take the interior trim off and tighten it up.
Keep meaning to put a nyloc nut on.... Confusedillyme:
(07-11-2012, 10:10 PM)j90xxx Wrote:  The o/s one (not seen n/s, but probably the same?) is held on with 2 plastic clips and 1 nut and bolt.
I know this as mine works itself lose and rattles (annoyingly). Have to take the interior trim off and tighten it up.
Keep meaning to put a nyloc nut on.... Confusedillyme:

Pug ones would look good on your white beasty Martin
Theres way too much black plastic on all citroens