Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Stop gap that's here to stay..
Wink 
Well until about 6 weeks ago I was the happy owner of a 2007 Renault Trafic LWB. Until one day I was driving along and it stoppedConfusedillyme: After a towed journey to the garage, it was diagnosed with a fuel pump afilure that had sent metal filings throughout the fuel system which would need to be completely replaced....

Cost?

Approx £3000....:eek:

After coming round I decided to just put the unrepaired van on my drive and buy a 'stop gap' van until I decided to keep the Trafic or get it repaired...

I bought a 2003 '53 2.0hDi Lingo offa Ebay and after repacing the gearbox in the first week, I really couldn't be any happier. What a great little vanBig Grin

I've organised the back of the van with shelving and racks and uncredibly have managed to get all of my tools in - the twin side loading doors are a massive plus for me.

The engine is really nippy and I'm loving the car like ride height after having larger vans previously.:thumbsup:

All in all this little beauty is here to stay and the enhancements have started already, with LED bulbs, roof bars and new wheels.

And to cap it off I managed to find this fantastically helpful frum:thumbsup:
Glad you like us & our unusual ways.Enjoy your Berlingo.What happened to the Trafic? I personally have never been a Renault fan,the last decent car they made was the 18.
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
Well MC , every cloud does have a silver lining after all :thumbsup:
However , 2 side doors is just greedy ! no wonder I havn't got one , citroen ra
n out of them after building your van Wink . Are there any piccies knocking around perchance :whistle: :thumbsup:
(14-11-2012, 08:10 PM)ron Wrote:  Glad you like us & our unusual ways.Enjoy your Berlingo.What happened to the Trafic? I personally have never been a Renault fan,the last decent car they made was the 18.

I just sold it as it was to a mechanic last week....just after making my mind up that I loved the LingoWink

(14-11-2012, 09:32 PM)nil by mouth Wrote:  Well MC , every cloud does have a silver lining after all :thumbsup:
n out of them after building your van Wink . Are there any piccies knocking around perchance :whistle: :thumbsup:

I do love my 2 side doors :woop:

I will try and sort some photos out, I have a one as it was when I bought it (a pizza delivery van) and I will update it as I do bits and pieces :thumbsup:

Going to get a sample of machine polishing done on Saturdy afternoon :thumbsup:
(14-11-2012, 09:51 PM)Merlecollins Wrote:  
(14-11-2012, 08:10 PM)ron Wrote:  Glad you like us & our unusual ways.Enjoy your Berlingo.What happened to the Trafic? I personally have never been a Renault fan,the last decent car they made was the 18.

I just sold it as it was to a mechanic last week....just after making my mind up that I loved the LingoWink

(14-11-2012, 09:32 PM)nil by mouth Wrote:  Well MC , every cloud does have a silver lining after all :thumbsup:

I will try and sort some photos out, I have a one as it was when I bought it (a pizza delivery van) and I will update it as I do bits and pieces :thumbsup:

Any chance of a margherita?Just asking.:lol:
[+] 1 user says Thank You to ron for this post
(14-11-2012, 11:50 PM)ron Wrote:  
(14-11-2012, 09:51 PM)Merlecollins Wrote:  

Any chance of a margherita?Just asking.

This is how it started life with me:lol:

[Image: Pizza.jpg]
Good pic.What does an emergency pizza taste like?

Is it veggie?
Nice one MC , looking forward to seeing what you've done to her thus far :thumbsup:
Are you having a go with the polisher or are you taking her to a detailer ? good luck either way
[+] 1 user says Thank You to nil by mouth for this post
(15-11-2012, 09:40 PM)nil by mouth Wrote:  Nice one MC , looking forward to seeing what you've done to her thus far :thumbsup:
Are you having a go with the polisher or are you taking her to a detailer ? good luck either way

Would love to have a go myself, but don't have enough knowledge :S so have an appointment with the detailer on Saturday to do a sample panel and see what can be achieved Wink
So far, i've uprgraded to side lights, interior courtesy lights and middle loadspace area all to LED bulbs. I've got a new fuel cap cover and am hoping to get the paint to spray it tomorrow. I've organised a new windscreen which will be getting fitted next week, along with a Richbrook aluminium tax disc holder. I've replaced the old wheel trims with new ones (didn't go with alloys in the end!). I've been steadily working my way through the whole van removing the old refrigeration system and associated hydraulic hoses. Not to mention the new gearbox and clutch I put in the first week and oil and filter change also...
I've also got a new resistor pack to fit to the blower unit and new temperature sensor for the engine:thumbsup:
I plan to replace the stereo head unit and fit roof rails next :thumbsup: