Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
rear hand brake cable noise sounds like(DOINK !!!)
As subject says getting a DOINK noise from the drivers side rear. Im thinking its the handbrake cable anyone came across this? Its nothing serious just annoying Now I just had a quick look didnt even jack it up again no time but hope to get to it this week.
Also if im driving slow and brake the back brakes seem to come on stronger than the front. It feels like the back is sitting down. Is this normal or should I investigate this too? Just thought I would throw that out there whilst I think of it . Thanks for the help.
Visually, is the rear sitting lower than it used to?

There is a braking bias valve which increases the braking forces to the rear wheels if the rear is loaded. It is mechanically connected to the rear of the vehicle and is governed by suspension height. It the van is lower than normal whilst unloaded, then this would result in stronger braking than usual to the rear wheels. Perhaps investigate whether the rear suspension has a fault, such as a snapped torsion bar, which would explain the 'doink' noise.
I think it is the spring that connects the lever of the brake valve to the suspension to detect ride height (load) and as you pull away or go over a level change you get a twoingggg or a doink noise not a problem, BUT check to make sure its still attached or somthing more serious as per the above post.
Hi, as Husqyman said, it'll be the spring on the brake regulator. Open your back doors and bounce the back. You'll soon find it. Give the eye of the spring a good grease and that should shut it up.
Loads of other posts about this. Confusedalut:
2006 2.0hdi 600 with bench seat.  Cool
(22-11-2012, 11:16 AM)Rustscrat Wrote:  Hi, as Husqyman said, it'll be the spring on the brake regulator. Open your back doors and bounce the back. You'll soon find it. Give the eye of the spring a good grease and that should shut it up.
Loads of other posts about this. Confusedalut:

Many thanks Rustscrat mine had been doing it for ages it was only on here that I found the answer:woop: that is why this is a great forum, good informed answers without the B!**S!*t found elswhere on the net.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Husqyman for this post:
  • Rustscrat
Mine was making the same noise and when it went for mot it failed on ceased brake compensator so jacked it up sprayed with wd40 and freed it off now no noise and passed mot
Thanks guys for the answers was hoping to get to it this weekend.
Was away for a few days in Germany.Got in a footie match.
Ended up missing a step and landed hard on the back of a row of seats at the stadium,
Resulting in cracked ribs may have to hold off for a couple of weeks to fix this.
But now I know how Thanks again.