Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
Roof carrier removal
Has anyone experienced a problem with the height of their XTR on Brittany Ferries? With it's carriers, the XTR measures 1862mm and the limit on the ferry is 1830mm. To go into the next height category costs an extra £30. If the roof carrier was removed it would be well inside the height limit. Can anyone tell me whether the mounting points are removable on this model? I spoke to our local dealer but he was not sure whether they would be removable without taking out the roof lining.
Tried letting your tyres down?
There is no access from within the vehicle the roof furniture is held on from outside with 8mm threaded holes
(07-12-2012, 09:17 PM)Coco Wrote:  Tried letting your tyres down?

Yeah, had thought of that!

(08-12-2012, 09:28 AM)evdama Wrote:  There is no access from within the vehicle the roof furniture is held on from outside with 8mm threaded holes
Thanks for your advice but do you know of a way of removing the plastic covers without damaging them?
(08-12-2012, 12:10 PM)gobling Wrote:  
(07-12-2012, 09:17 PM)Coco Wrote:  Tried letting your tyres down?

Yeah, had thought of that!

(08-12-2012, 09:28 AM)evdama Wrote:  There is no access from within the vehicle the roof furniture is held on from outside with 8mm threaded holes
Thanks for your advice but do you know of a way of removing the plastic covers without damaging them?
Trickle hot water from a kettle onto the plastic before the attack.
Trickle hot water from a kettle onto the plastic before the attack.

Thanks, I will give it a go.
been on brittany ferries a few times [ as coco knows] and always booked as standard height , no one ever has a tape measure or checks me, plus with alkl your holiday gear it it drops car down considerably. Dont worry. Act dumb, I have for a lifetime........
2010 artic silver VTR with EXTRAS.......Confusedunny:
[+] 1 user says Thank You to pch for this post
(11-12-2012, 09:15 AM)pch Wrote:  been on brittany ferries a few times [ as coco knows] and always booked as standard height , no one ever has a tape measure or checks me, plus with alkl your holiday gear it it drops car down considerably. Dont worry. Act dumb, I have for a lifetime........

Thanks. I had thought of doing that and your post gives me confidence.
Good ..go for it. if your too hesitant, too reserved, too cautious in life, as I have for most of it you miss out. The buggers who just do and get on with it always seem to get further, with less agro and stress.
2010 artic silver VTR with EXTRAS.......Confusedunny:
[+] 2 users say Thank You to pch for this post
(11-12-2012, 09:15 AM)pch Wrote:  been on brittany ferries a few times [ as coco knows] and always booked as standard height , no one ever has a tape measure or checks me, plus with alkl your holiday gear it it drops car down considerably. Dont worry. Act dumb, I have for a lifetime........

:wave:

I too have used Brittany Ferries a number of times and just booked as standard and never been checked.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Coco for this post