Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
Blunt Aussie
Following prescribed form and "introducing" myself.

Regular post-offender on FrenchCarForum, self-admitted offensive driver (street racing, high speed driving on the backroads; I bring this out in the open right away so the haters can file it for later use). Cunning linguist when I'm in the mood.

Stable includes '63 ID19, '63 IH trucklet, '64 Aussie Ford wagon, '64 Spitfire 4, '65 Aussie Ford coupé, '71 R16TS, '90 405Mi16, '94 605 V6, '99 Xantia, '00 Berlingo (pre COMM, woohoo). And a few bits and bobs in the shed. Half decent French comprehension/writing although very poor in speech.

Fix my own stuff, because I couldn't afford to pay someone trustworthy! Source a lot of parts off UK Fleabay, too. Run Lexia and PP2000 on a dedicated laptop, got a Tecnosir sphere gasser and home made pressure testing rig.

Berlingo is Furio red, basic camionette twin rear door type, currently on our version of SORN while I sort some wear and tear. TU3JP and MA driveline, no airbags, ABS etc. It handles with great similarity to the Mi16.

Life in Australia is good; it's mostly warm and dry, there aren't snipers behind windows and our VAT is just ten percent. I recommend it, but seriously watch for sun cancers. Here to occasionally tax people for answers I can't suss out myself.

Cheers, Adam.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to addo for this post
Nice one Adam -plenty of the easily-offended for you to get going with straight away, but also a fair few who like a laugh and dont take anything too seriously.
You havent been making any prank phone calls lately have you....Wink
G'day Adam.

Looks like you'll fit in very well .........with some of us anyway - the rest ?????
Welcome Adam, I think I can vaguely remember we had nice weather here in 1976.
Former 2011 Mk3 XTR owner Confusedalut:
Didn't even know you HAD French imports out there. Nice collection. We will be wanting some photos - of everything... :-)
:wave: Just to make you feel at home I have reported you. Cant stand anyone reminding me of good weather! :lol:
Not really.
Reported you that is.
I can tell you, when it comes to washing/polishing one of the fleet, I am always keen for at least an overcast day - if not a cooler one!

Next week I will be standing here fixing the cream-coloured gate (some plonker kicked it in, and I fix these sorts of things for a crust). Zoom out to better appreciate the location Wink
Bonjour cobber Big Grin Do Australians actually say "cobber"? That's a varied stable you have there.
So where does this bit go then ?
It ("cobber") is pretty obscure. Much as many detest it, the Americanism "buddy" has a strong presence now.
I think your pulling our legs, I don’t believe that you are Australian at all. I know that because I am an expert on all things Australian, after all, I watch Neighbours!!

2012 Iron Grey XTR 110 with lots of bits and bobs.