Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Ipod conection
Has anyone fitted a ipod connector to the existing radio? I have tried a FM jobby which was very poor and I dont really want to change the head set.:brickwall: I have a 09 Berlingo.

regards

John Confusedcratch:
There's not really any other option for a stock CD head unit, as it has no 'input' for an external source. Your only option is to switch to an aftermarket unit with Aux input or iPod connectivity.
You can fit something called an Xcarlink to the CD changer connection on the back of your radio, it then needs configuring using Lexia.

If it is a new shape Berlingo has it not got a pair of RCA phono connectors in the glove box?

I connect an mp3 player up using that. I have a lead with rca plugs at one end and a 3.5mm jack at the other end.

Peter
(27-12-2012, 01:36 PM)Romahomepete Wrote:  You can fit something called an Xcarlink to the CD changer connection on the back of your radio, it then needs configuring using Lexia.

If it is a new shape Berlingo has it not got a pair of RCA phono connectors in the glove box?

I connect an mp3 player up using that. I have a lead with rca plugs at one end and a 3.5mm jack at the other end.
Thanks Peter
What do these RCA connectors look like?
John
Peter
RCA connectors are red/white like what are on hifi seperates believe they are also called phono plugs , see picture below.

[Image: 9h02mb.jpg]
Hi there, I have seen the connector cable at Poundland, sorry I can't remember the price.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Tonyash for this post
(27-12-2012, 04:12 PM)Tonyash Wrote:  Hi there, I have seen the connector cable at Poundland, sorry I can't remember the price.

Last time I asked they were a pound Big Grin
So where does this bit go then ?
Well thanks guys so far. My Berlingo does not have the plugs mentioned in the glove box. However, there is a green plug/socket on the right hand side of the glove box! any ideas what that could be??:brickwall:Confusedalut:
(30-12-2012, 05:31 AM)silverfox Wrote:  Well thanks guys so far. My Berlingo does not have the plugs mentioned in the glove box. However, there is a green plug/socket on the right hand side of the glove box! any ideas what that could be??:brickwall:Confusedalut:

If it's about 2 inches x 1inch, it is the connector for the computer diagnostic.
--------------------------------------------------------------

2012 Iron Grey XTR 110 with lots of bits and bobs.
If you mean this socket then yeah its for the diagnostics. The aux socket is top left but it sounds like yours doesnt have this, what model have you got.

[Image: 2m4yb2s.jpg]