Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
New to Berlingo Multispace World
Hi

We have just bought a 59 plate ex motability Multispace XTR.90HP. We are due to move to France in March and figured that it best suited our needs and although they are unusual here there are loads of them in France. For our budget, I also considered a C4 Picasso but hated the gearbox and worried about the electronics on a three year old car. As we only needed the one car we have sold my wife's Scenic and my Celica. Rather more sadly, due to draconian French registration rules I have also sold my Cobra replica so I hope it is worth it. We liked the chunkier looks of the XTR and were pleasantly surprised by its refined ride and decent acceleration. I have read that there are some issues with tyre wear . I figure that joining a forum of owners is always a good move. Someone tell me we have done the right thing as this is the first utilitarian vehicle I have owned.
I hope you enjoy the Berlingo & forum.Their are a few niggles,but no more than any other car.
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
[+] 1 user says Thank You to ron for this post
Yes you have done the right thing Berlingo's are great , all cars have their faults to some extent so dont worry about it and welcome to the forum.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to BerlingoHDI for this post
Having said that Berlingo Multispace's are unusual here in my first post , I have been amazed how many of them there are of the various marques. We have now had it for 10 days and it is growing on me. The brakes can be grabby, the steering is over light and it is sometimes unsettled on rubbish roads but it goes well and is quiet and comfortable. Now that I have had cruise control fitted it will be great for long journeys. All in all I am beginning to appreciate the benefits.
In terms of the ride, yes, there is rather limited facility to "reinvent" what is essentially a goods van.

That said, experiment a little with tyre pressures and make sure the dampers are up to scratch. (Poor damping could also be a cause of the brakes feeling grabby.) Peugeot dampers used to outlast the car's life; seems to be a quality they've lost in the last ten years. Looking at what Fleabay vends, further suggests the wishbone bushes may not always fare well.
[+] 2 users say Thank You to addo for this post