Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Replacement key transponder coding
Hi all, Having just bought my 2003 Berlingo van i have started doing all the jobs on it and as it only came with one key then i would like to get a replacement key cut and transponder coded to my vehicle. I tried Timpsons as they had 1/2 price offer but he said he couldn't read my transponder :brickwall: I am in Bridgwater area (TA7) can anyone recomend somewhere that won't cost the earth please ? thanks, Stuart.
Your transponder in most modern Citroen &Peugeot keys is locked, and so cannot be "cloned" by people like Timpsons. One of the biggest key suppliers in the UK is Hickleys in Taunton. I am sure they can help, they are not particularly cheap,though.
http://www.hickleys.com/diagnostics/keys_menu.php
Bit of a "key" week, isn't it? Wink
My local shop in donegal Town had no problem with it, -- it was a bit of a PROCEDURE in and out of the care a few times, and the new key was 90 Euro; so-- not cheap, but it can be done.
timpsons just done mine 2010 model
2010 1.6 hdi 110bhp XTR
I have a 2 button remote key which works fine and another ordinary key which doesn't seem to do anything but unlock the doors manually, it will not start the car and I would like a spare that actually does something but I don't have the pin code.
So where does this bit go then ?
(18-06-2013, 09:21 AM)ffrenchie Wrote:  I have a 2 button remote key which works fine and another ordinary key which doesn't seem to do anything but unlock the doors manually, it will not start the car and I would like a spare that actually does something but I don't have the pin code.

Your duff key may be able to be reprogrammed to operate the vehicle, but you will need the pin code. This costs about £20-£25 + vat unless anyone here can do better.
I could sort you out with the programming, or a new key if that helps.
Give me a shout if you decide to get it sorted.
My Berlingo came with a key card.I assume it has an inbuilt code to allow keys to be "matched" with it.Or am I wrong? Confusedcratch:
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
Is that the card with a scratch'n'sniff panel?
(21-06-2013, 11:12 PM)addo Wrote:  Is that the card with a scratch'n'sniff panel?

Yup.Didn't know I could sniff it though.Can I code a particular odour in?:drool::whistle:
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy