Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
CD won't work
I have just purchased a low mileage 2005 2.00 hdi Desire. Very pleased with it, but the CD player doesn't work. When I put a CD in, the display says "Track", but not the track number and the CD doesn't play. Any ideas?
Try a different CD
Might be time for a new player.....
Thought you would be more an 8-track guy, evdama. :lol:
Former 2011 Mk3 XTR owner Confusedalut:
[+] 1 user says Thank You to taxi for this post
:whistle: Wax cylinder -if you must know.

My uncle had an 8track in his VW Beetle -Whenever we put the Fleetwood Mac cartridge in he would shout Oh no Oh no as "The Chain" started -he would then drive like a loon:lol:
(19-02-2013, 12:07 PM)evdama Wrote:  :whistle: Wax cylinder -if you must know.

My uncle had an 8track in his VW Beetle -Whenever we put the Fleetwood Mac cartridge in he would shout Oh no Oh no as "The Chain" started -he would then drive like a loon:lol:
Pre-Bakelite then ?
Former 2011 Mk3 XTR owner Confusedalut:
[+] 1 user says Thank You to taxi for this post
Mine does similar with some copied CDs. Could be a dirty cd lens although how you clean it is another question. Can you get cleaning CDs still?
Malc

Stupid computer!
Security system should not fail safe!
Security system should fail dangerous!
(19-02-2013, 09:22 PM)crickleymal Wrote:  Can you get cleaning CDs still?
Yep! Tesco do 'em as do Maplins and several others.
[fon‌t=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]The Older I get the Better I Was!  Cool [/font]
My lads C1 has a built in stereo that wont play copied cds -the workaround is to use CloneCD to make them or rip the tracks to MP3 format.
I questioned the legality and was presented with this from the
RIAA website

"..... It’s okay to copy music onto an analog cassette, but not for commercial purposes.
It’s also okay to copy music onto special Audio CD-R’s, mini-discs, and digital tapes (because royalties have been paid on them) – but, again, not for commercial purposes.
Beyond that, there’s no legal "right" to copy the copyrighted music on a CD onto a CD-R. However, burning a copy of CD onto a CD-R, or transferring a copy onto your computer hard drive or your portable music player, won’t usually raise concerns so long as:
The copy is made from an authorized original CD that you legitimately own
The copy is just for your personal use. It’s not a personal use – in fact, it’s illegal – to give away the copy or lend it to others for copying.
The owners of copyrighted music have the right to use protection technology to allow or prevent copying.
Remember, it’s never okay to sell or make commercial use of a copy that you make.

Are there occasionally exceptions to these rules? Sure. A "garage" or unsigned band might want you to download its own music; but, bands that own their own music are free to make it available legally by licensing it. And, remember that there are lots of authorized sites where music can be downloaded for free. Better to be safe than sorry – don’t assume that downloading or burning is legal just because technology makes it possible.

Enjoy the music. By doing the right thing, you’ll be doing your part to make sure that the music keeps coming.

* This site is intended to educate consumers about the issues associated with the downloading, uploading and consumer copying of music. It is not intended to offer legal advice or be a comprehensive guide to copyright law and the commercial uses of music...."