Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.75 Average
few problems..
hi, does anyone know where to buy a replacement sliding door cable from ? the handle opens the door into the fixed position but the cable that releases the door has snapped, can the cable be bought on its own rather than in a door pack?!

also, there is a knocking noise from the front drivers side, like a clunking? a friend with a berlingo said this is a common fault? can it be the shockers?

also there is a clunking noise from the rear suspension, i took it to a garage but sods law it never made the noise when he test drove it..

also the steering on tight corners has a snatching feeling? the trackings ok no wear on tyres etc?
None of this stuff should be hard for a joiner. Buy a Haynes to begin with, it at least shows some pictures. Look at used parts on ebay to see how assemblies appear out of the car.
good idea, ill have a look about for a haynes, cheers,
Clunking on the front is sometimes caused by anti roll bar drop links wearing, easy and cheap to fix. Intermittent clunking from the rear might be exhaust contacting bodywork but you'll have to get under to see what is happening so I'd live with it till the weather picks up. We've still got snow so everything is getting left. Big Grin
So where does this bit go then ?
Agreed with ffrenchie on both points. I replaced my offside drop link not so long ago. Easy job Smile
Peugeot Partner 2.0hdi • Ford Focus RS • Porsche 944 • BMW 120d
(28-03-2013, 11:08 PM)ST12AT Wrote:  Agreed with ffrenchie on both points. I replaced my offside drop link not so long ago. Easy job Smile
Agreed, easy if you can hold bolt (pin?) still while undoing nut. Just tried to do same. Allen key holding bolt slipped. So will have to angle grind off again. Unless someone has advice.

BTW may be obvious to most (not me initially). To fit new drop link lever lower wishbone (? may not be correct term) down. Bolt should slot through easliy then.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Modmytop for this post