Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.2 Average
floor storage boxes
[/size][/font]Hi have 58 reg Citreon Berlingo mk3 xtr. The 2 rear floor storage box frames have broken. What is broken is the lip that the lid sits into.The plastic frame is very fragile. I understand this is a design fault and has since been replaced with a whole floor carpet which is expensive to buy. I came across a dealer selling two floor storage boxes. However am reluctant to buy as the same problem is likely to result. Can anyone suggest a permanent solution that will not cost hundreds. At present i have 2 holes in the floor so the car is not safe for passenger use.
If you don't want to use the boxes I suppose you could cut out some blocks of polystyrene foam to fill them & then get the Citroen full width rear rubber floor mat to cover it over. Its good thick mat in 2 pieces & links together in the middle. get it from Citroen parts dept, I have one which I guess is why my boxes have not broken.
I have the citroen mat aswell so I guess this is why mine haven't broken.
2010 artic silver VTR with EXTRAS.......Confusedunny:
[+] 1 user says Thank You to pch for this post
(01-04-2013, 08:30 PM)pch Wrote:  I have the citroen mat aswell so I guess this is why mine haven't broken.
Me too Smile
Could you not get a local metal fabrictor to make up some frames and perhaps some chequerplate lids as well.
It would be a permanent solution and I'll bet it would be cheaper than a replacement part.
Go one evening someone will still be there making something for his own home-project- they love these little cash jobs.Wink
Passenger got in and one of mine broke Fri night,but may have been partially damaged prior to that, you would need to check for cracks etc on the underside of lid periodically- and it had the heavy duty mats on top. Have sent email to Citroen UK as it appears that this is a known problem. :brickwall:
Former 2011 Mk3 XTR owner Confusedalut:
[+] 1 user says Thank You to taxi for this post
Terrible design I think and as has been said very flimsy. Both mine were broken when I bought the car and have rubber mats over them. But the rear seats aren't in the car so it doesn't matter.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Muppet1 for this post
I wonder if the customs at Dover docks know about Berlingo floor boxes? Wink
[+] 2 users say Thank You to Opensauce for this post
Immigration as well !!!!!! ?
[+] 1 user says Thank You to jericlin for this post
I now refer to the storage boxes as The Trap Doors.
Former 2011 Mk3 XTR owner Confusedalut: