Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Strange Rear Light Issue. OS cluster out.
Hello folks,

I've just picked up a 55 plate 2.0 Van. I'll be converting it to a stealth camper over the next couple of months but it's developed a weird issue in the interim.

I was driving it in heavy rain a couple of days ago. The dash STOP light started blinking while the load bay light started flashing too. After pulling over I found the rear OS tail light, brake and indicator were dead.

I dismantled the rear cluster today and checked all of the connections. All of the bulbs are fine and the fuses are ok too. The grounds are all good but there appears to be a short across the live terminals.

I've tried to trace the wiring back to the fuse box. Are there any connectors in between the fuse box and the OS rear cluster?

Just for good measure I've done an ECU reset too but to no avail...

Any suggestions. Is there an elusive connector under the floorpan that I may have missed?

Thanks in advance

for your help.
Usually theres no factory connector but there could be damage or a failed repair.
There is a connection block under the panels at the side of the floor pan on my 96 partner. There are torx screws holding the covers in place. The connectors are prone to corrosion and they carry the feed for the rear lights/interior light but not the earths. They may not be on your one as it is a lot newer. Worth a look maybe?
Thanks for your input. I'll let you know how further investigation goes tomorrow...
Have a look for water ingress around the Bsi (compartment under steering wheel) and see if the drivers carpet is wet.
Windscreens are known to leak. :thumbsup:
2006 2.0hdi 600 with bench seat.  Cool