Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 1.89 Average
Dodgy Clutch pedal!
Smile 
Hi guys,

A frantic telephone call from the little lady stated 'help, I'm up the side of the mountain and the clutch has gone!' Two minutes passes and ' Oh, it seems to have repaired itself, I'm on my way!' O.K repairs don't normally just occur as if by magic! A cup of tea and a rub down with woman's own magazine revealed the following. When little lady was driving up the mountain (on the road!) she attempted to change from fourth to third. The clutch pedal hit the floor and stayed there and third could not be selected. The pedal remained 'floppy' but then returned to its normal position. The gears became selectable but a 'ratchety' clicking noise is apparent when the foot pedal is operated. I know some cable clutches are self adjusting so could this be the problem and it as not quite adjusted correctly? Any ideas or a visit to Costa Lot garage!

Thanks a lot,

El Berlingo Confusedunny:Confusedunny::wave:
Piles of linkages see if any has excess play
(16-04-2013, 01:37 PM)El Berlingo Wrote:  Hi guys,

A frantic telephone call from the little lady stated 'help, I'm up the side of the mountain and the clutch has gone!' Two minutes passes and ' Oh, it seems to have repaired itself, I'm on my way!' O.K repairs don't normally just occur as if by magic! A cup of tea and a rub down with woman's own magazine revealed the following. When little lady was driving up the mountain (on the road!) she attempted to change from fourth to third. The clutch pedal hit the floor and stayed there and third could not be selected. The pedal remained 'floppy' but then returned to its normal position. The gears became selectable but a 'ratchety' clicking noise is apparent when the foot pedal is operated. I know some cable clutches are self adjusting so could this be the problem and it as not quite adjusted correctly? Any ideas or a visit to Costa Lot garage!

Thanks a lot,

El Berlingo Confusedunny:Confusedunny::wave:

Blingo cables do sieze up - by the time the call was made it could have eventually returned by spring pressure.
Id get it looked at with a veiw to replacing it and hope nothing else is found en route
.... Ratchety clicky.......... the clutch cable has a built in ratchet type adjuster .....

An easy change and not that expensive to do.
Hi all,

Seems to have mended itself although the clutch travel has altered a little. I think it was just 'one of those things' and has resolved itself. I'm not too worried about it as I have now driven about 100 km and all seems fine. I have to take it in to the garage next week for another issue so will give Pedro a can of San Miguel and ask him to cast an eye on it.

Regards to all from Sunny Spain (27 degrees)

El Berlingo
[+] 1 user says Thank You to El Berlingo for this post