Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
External (Ambient) Temperature Sensor
My external temperature readings have been acting up for the last three days. No matter what the outside temperature was the display would start at about 16 degrees and then gradually over about 15 minutes of driving increase in one degree steps until it had hit 33-34 and then would stay there. Thinking it was the sensor I picked one up today and soldered it into the circuit and that appears to have fixed the problem. I tried to remove the old, defective sensor as per the instructions on page C5HG011YP0 of the manual but my sensor will (cannot) just slide out. It needs to be raised inside the mirror housing so the nipple will clear the housing but there are immovable plastic bits holding it in place and I see no way to remove these bits. For the time being I just pushed the sensor and wiring into the recess in back of the mirror housing but this is a pretty okie way of doing things and I want to get it installed properly.

Does anyone have some hints for me as to how to remove the old sensor?? It doesn't just slide out and tapping on the nipple with a hammer doesn't loosen it. I'm stumped. Many thanks in advance.
2010 Berlingo Multispace HDi 110 with FAP. Persamos green.

[Image: ab197646.gif]
Got a photo?
Can you just BluTak the new one on top of the old one?
Perhaps break off the plastic retaianer prise out the old one and then stick it somehow.
Who's going to know or see it ?
I had thought of posting a photo but the sensor is so recessed under other bits that it doesn't show much. I'd need an endoscope to get a good shot of it. I think I'll drill out the old nipple and then slide the remaining bit out of the mirror.

Install completed. Sawed off the nipple and drilled it out. Then cut out excess plastic using Dremel tools to allow the old sensor to be removed. Fitted new sensor (nipple protrudes thru bottom of mirror housing like original) and then held it in place with some caulking goo.

[Image: 2ah78z7.jpg]

[Image: s3lgdk.jpg]

[Image: 2qi37m1.jpg]

[Image: 351wqj7.jpg]

Job's a good 'un :thumbsup: