Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Joining the turbo club
Sad 
Driving home last night, I heard a squeal a couple of times from the engine bay (going uphill at 30pmh) Then pulled onto the dual carraigeway and have the dreaded put the foot down and no turbo kicking in.:eek:

Bought an 08 plate 1.6hdi Partner Outdoor back in Jan with 40K and FSH, and within 4k it looks like the turbo's gone!

Thankfully the garage I bought from offers a 12 month warranty so got towed back to them last night.

Now worried that even if they do everything on the PSA tech bulletin the new turbo still might fail.

Not impressed with PSA's attitude on what's obviously a design fault.
Sorry to hear about the problem. Does the service history state which oil was used and how often it was changed??
2010 Berlingo Multispace HDi 110 with FAP. Persamos green.

[Image: ab197646.gif]
Upto 36k the car was serviced by peugeot main dealer (so assume it would have been the spec'd quartz oil). Service internals varied from 7k to 10.5k

When I bought at 40K the non PSA dealer carried out a service, but didn't state which oil was used.

I took the car back a couple of weeks ago as I thought it had a very minor oil leak, the garage thought it was an old leak and just cleaned it up. Now thinking that the injector seal had gone and they must have missed it.
Just a thought, can a dealer sell a car/van with FSH even if it wasn't serviced by Citroen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I DO MISS MY BERLINGO Heart
(02-05-2013, 06:04 PM)philip Wrote:  Just a thought, can a dealer sell a car/van with FSH even if it wasn't serviced by Citroen?

FSH could have been carried out by a "Fred in a shed" as long as the service book is recorded and receipts kept. Confusedalut:
[Image: 24g96ie.jpg]
(02-05-2013, 06:35 PM)Gollycrush Wrote:  
(02-05-2013, 06:04 PM)philip Wrote:  Just a thought, can a dealer sell a car/van with FSH even if it wasn't serviced by Citroen?

FSH could have been carried out by a "Fred in a shed" as long as the service book is recorded and receipts kept. Confusedalut:

Hi Chaps,sorry if I've caused confusion.

The Car up to 36k has a full PSA history and as well as service book I have receipts and records.
At 40k it was traded in by previous owner, and for 40k it is immaculate.
I bought from a main but non PSA dealer who has a good reputation locally for customer care, and prior to me picking the keys up they carried out another service.

Waiting for a call today to discuss with them the situation.

Yes.

------------------------
You DO NOT have to get ANY car serviced at a dealer to maintain a manufacturer warranty.

All that's required is:

Services MUST be carried out to manufacturers specifications.
Proof of the above, receipts for parts etc.............
Wrong oil would be my first guess. Needs to have been Quartz Ineo ECS 5w30.
A few dealers use a Castrol/Comma equivalent which is OK. PAS B71 2290 is the spec.
and any oil that has this spec. is suitable
[fon‌t=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]The Older I get the Better I Was!  Cool [/font]
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Ol'Jeffers for this post
(05-05-2013, 10:53 AM)OlJeffers Wrote:  Wrong oil would be my first guess. Needs to have been Quartz Ineo ECS 5w30.
A few dealers use a Castrol/Comma equivalent which is OK. PAS B71 2290 is the spec.
and any oil that has this spec. is suitable

Ol Jeffers,

I think you're right, I have passed the PSA tech bulletin and info about the oil onto the dealer.

They've told me they've already sought the advice of a local indy mechanic who's knowledgeable about these turbos.

Fingers crossed it doesn't go again!
Picked up the car Friday night, it seems to be running ok.

Have been told that the oil and filters needs changing again in 2k miles. Does this sound right?