Thread Rating:
  • 29 Vote(s) - 2.86 Average
Door Locking problems
A short history.
I don't have remote locking so locking is from the driver and passenger door or the button in the center.
Early in the winter I was having lots of problems with the drivers door lock freezing. Passenger door lock was working fine. Sprayed a little WD40 in to try to displace water and that seemed to fix the freezing.
Later I was experimenting with the Child locks on the rear doors. Moved the yellow knob from pointing forward to pointing up and that did stop the rear doors from opening from the inside handle. I left the yellow knob in the pointing up position.
Then I started having intermittent problems with the door locking. Drivers door would lock and unlock that door, but not trigger the central locking. Passenger door and the button in the center worked fine. I was about to go to a dealer, thinking I had a fault with the door lock sensor, when I remembered about the child locks on the rear door. Moved the yellow knob back from pointing up to pointing forward. Now the central locking has started working from the drivers door!? but the rear doors still do not open from the inside.
1: Do I still have a problem with the drivers door lock and it is coincidental that an intermittent fault has gone away for now?
2. How do I get the rear doors to open from the inside. Is the yellow knob doing someting mechanical or is it simply a switch that stops the handle triggering the lock release?
3. Is the warranty on the Berlingo 2 or 3 years? Slightly complicated by the dealer I bought the car from and the one I then used both stopping being Citroen dealers
Hi. You car has 3yr or 60k miles(van I think is 100k miles) warranty whichever comes first. If neither of those is up then car is under warranty, any Citroen UK main dealer must honour this so get it booked in & fixed without charge.