Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Berlingo built in Argentina. Which series?
    [attachment=1067]

I am looking to buy a Berlingo in Chile later this year. I believe that they are built in Argentina. I am looking at model years from 2007 through 2011. I believe that this body style is maybe mk2? Any one know what is being built down there?

Sorry only one photo attached. Here is another.
Yes, they still make and sell the "M59" variant (as pictured above) in Argentina - so I suppose they spread through the rest of South America. Not sure that you'll have enormous choice overall.

By some accounts the processes of buying and selling are a shock to the system we're conditioned to, where most items are available on time and purchases proceed without a hitch. It probably reflects the ability of people to speak Spanish and roll with the punches, though.
Thanks for the info addo! I am steeling myself for the process of purchasing, insuring, paying tax etc. I plan on giving myself two weeks to complete the arrangements. On the optimistic side, their are 48 Berlingos advertised today in Santiago, between 2007 and 2011 model years. If I educate myself properly on these vehicles, I should be able to find myself some good transportation. I am assuming that the vehicles are assembled in Argentina, using the same components as European models. The 1.6 HDI seems to be the most prevalent engine. Do you know if all models are turbo charged? Are there any naturally aspirated engines?