Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Multispace Advice please :)
Hi everybody! :wave: ok I need some advice on what to look out for! I recently sold my BMW 328 (yesss lol) and have recently been toying with the idea of getting a berlingo multispace, as I need something van-like and kid friendly! I am going to view one possibly this weekend and wanted to know what to look for as this is my first diesel. The Berlingo is a 2002 MK1 Forte, 1.9 diesel. It's on it's 3rd owner and covered 103k, not sure about service history till I get there but they say its had Cambelt done at 80k and recent clutch. I've also noticed a tow bar on it and a couple of dings on bodywork but is quite tidy. It's up for £995ono plus I'm on a tight budget! I won't be doing a round the world trip in it just school run and commute to work! Just wanted to get some owner advice on what to look out for engine wise and other things before I go and view it please! Thanks guys.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Matt b for this post

Doest it start?
Does it drive?
Does it stop?

If yes, yes, yes then £995 is about right.
The 1.9 diesel is pretty bombproof with decent maintenance.At that age/mileage it will need some money spent on it.My advice,for what it's worth,is to change all fluids, ie coolant,brake,transmission & PAS.
Check/lubricate everything,pads,shoe & handbrake pivots all hinges etc.Good luck & let us know how you get on.:thumbsup:
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
Cheers! I went to view it and bought it!! Managed to get it down to £850. Not much in the way of service history (stamped to 59k and adamant it had belt done at 80k no proof tho) so a service is on the cards lol. The engine and bay is very clean probably the cleanest I've seen so far, starts first turn of the key and drove back 1.5hrs with no probs. It does have a couple of battle scars where the woman clipped just above the rear arch against her drainpipe doh!! But so far I like it, very spacious inside and way better MPG than the BMW 328 I got rid of lol (15MPG on a good day lol) my next task is to tint the rear windows and I have some 17 inch alloys of a 51 plate picasso (don't know if they will fit, but I will give it a go) so far so good........
If the belt change can't be proved,bite the bullet & replace it.Confusedalut:
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy