Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.29 Average
Roof bars which ones?Advice please.
Hi Guys: Berlingo 09 multispace Mk3..need to fit roof bars in order to transport canoe.......from past questions on the subject ,plus looking at Ebay and Halfords etc it would appear there are a vast amount to choose from.
As I only wish to do this once I would appreciate comments from those who know...which are the best quality and price range to go for? Many thanks.Confusedcratch:
(04-06-2013, 09:54 AM)caskin Wrote:  Hi Guys: Berlingo 09 multispace Mk3..need to fit roof bars in order to transport canoe.......from past questions on the subject ,plus looking at Ebay and Halfords etc it would appear there are a vast amount to choose from.
As I only wish to do this once I would appreciate comments from those who know...which are the best quality and price range to go for? Many thanks.Confusedcratch:

Hi,

I've done this on a MkI - standard roof bars aren't high enough to clear the sunroof as it folds (it breaks, badly when it fouls the bar).

I've just got a MkII, and am looking at these, as it looks like it is possible to extend them upwards so the clear the roof at the front with a boat strapped on.
Ebay Trident
There is a different version available for post-2008 I think.

Bear in mind that the bars are way back, so a 16ft kayak ends up going from a foot behind the front bumper and then sticks out 4ft behind (again these dimensions are Mk1/2). Also, with a canoe on top, car park barriers are out of bounds.
Thule aero bars are good, i used to carry a 45lb ocean kayak no problem, you can also get canoe attatchment that slides into the top of the bar, and if you change cars you only need to change part of it
[Image: 2dedca76-4da1-4bd2-aea1-452ddda68256.jpg]