Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.63 Average
GIVE ME A BREAK
WELL DECIDED TO FIT NEW DISCS AND PADS ON FRONT NEW PADS ONLY ON REAR , POPPED DOWN TO CITROEN £202 POUNDS LATER I HAVE THE PARTS , IS THERE A HAYNES MANUAL OUT YET THAT COVERS 2010 MODEL ,ARE THEY EASY TO DO MY PICASSO WAS VERY EASY , ANY ONE DONE THERES .
2010 1.6 hdi 110bhp XTR
£202? :eek:

I think you've been diddled! :whistle:
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.
WHAT IS IT WITH THE CAPS LOCK ? My Haynes bought last year covers 1996 to 2010 but once you start taking brakes to bits they are pretty self explanatory. £202 does sound a bit steep for the parts though.
So where does this bit go then ?
GIVE ME A BRAKE?

As said already, £200 sounds a little high. Anyone with a MK3 know if the procedure is similar to MK2, never done it myself on the latest model but if its anything like the MK2 it isn't a difficult task at the front. The main issue with doing it on the MK2 were the seized/rusted bolts but with yours being younger and assuming lower mileage, it shouldnt be as much of an issue.

I wrote up a tutorial a while back...must be in one of my posts.
Want Help with the Forum? Read Help Documents Here
 [Image: mybbsig.php]

Edit: found this instead http://www.berlingoforum.co.uk/showthrea...brake+pads
Want Help with the Forum? Read Help Documents Here
 [Image: mybbsig.php]

CAPS LOCK NOW OFF , wife always telling me i shout , gone have ago at weekend so will take some pics , bits are pricey but i dont wont to buy the cheepie bits as will probably have car a long time ,the ones on there have lasted 60,000 so a repeat that will be worth it or perhaps a saving long term.
2010 1.6 hdi 110bhp XTR
(05-06-2013, 06:51 PM)rdfb2 Wrote:  WELL DECIDED TO FIT NEW DISCS AND PADS ON FRONT NEW PADS ONLY ON REAR , POPPED DOWN TO CITROEN £202 POUNDS LATER I HAVE THE PARTS , IS THERE A HAYNES MANUAL OUT YET THAT COVERS 2010 MODEL ,ARE THEY EASY TO DO MY PICASSO WAS VERY EASY , ANY ONE DONE THERES .

How much?!

Now I have no idea how different they are from the MK2 discs and pads, but I paid less than £70 for a set of pads and two discs from my local factor in January. I fitted them in an hour.

My local Citroen main dealer will supply and fit genuine front discs and pads for £220 all inclusive.

(06-06-2013, 10:42 AM)rdfb2 Wrote:  CAPS LOCK NOW OFF , wife always telling me i shout , gone have ago at weekend so will take some pics , bits are pricey but i dont wont to buy the cheepie bits as will probably have car a long time ,the ones on there have lasted 60,000 so a repeat that will be worth it or perhaps a saving long term.

The "cheapie" discs I put on a Xantia 4 years ago have now done 75, 000. Brake parts are one of those odd items where quality is not always dictated by price. It does pay to do a bit of research on the Internet first.
2004 Multispace Desire HDi - "Bertie"
yep agree theres just so much counterfit stuff out there now , and all prices ,,dosent mean low price and inferieor goods just when it comes to brakes and my familys safety for the sake of a few pounds , i played it safe but realize i could gone the ebay route , its one them things hopefully when i stamp on them in an emergency they will pull up in a shorter distance ,might not but you pays your money takes your chance.
2010 1.6 hdi 110bhp XTR
I told my mother: "When I grow up, I want to be a musician".

She said: "You can't have it both ways!"

There's a parallel in brakes (discs and pads) IMO. You either go for bite or longevity.
I put juratek discs on my mini and they are very good. Based in the uk they started out selling truck brake discs so they know what they're doing.