Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average
A month in a MK2
So, I've now traded up from a 00 1.4 to an '05 1.4i. Decided against the diesel, because, well, I hate diesel. Not that there's anything wrong with people who choose diesels, it's just not for me.
So, why did I come back to the Berlingo? The space, I ended up with half my shed in the car until I noticed that I had nowhere to put my shopping upon filling the car up with a couple of friends + significant other. :wave:
What else is good? It's a LOT less noisy than the old dog I had with the accordion-styled roof. I really liked it when running around town, though. However, I prefer A\C and a steel roof Cool
Also, I think it drives like a proper car. A bit on the tall side, so it's no cornering master. I must say, though, that my last car was a (albeit '97) Audi A8 with the 4.2 V8, so the transition was still a big one.

What don't I like? I went to pick up the mother in law at the airport the other day. It was very windy. And it rained. Seldom have I been more anxious while driving a motorway in a straight line. It didn't feel very straight, though, it felt like I was blown all over the road. No pun intended..
The steering wheel, although a vast improvement with regard to the uncomfortable one in the MK1, why they didn't fit it with length-wise adjustment is beyond me. However, it may be that my 6'4" makes it even harder to get very comfortable behind the wheel. However, I've made a few compromises, and being behind the wheel is not an uncomfy place to be.

What I miss from the old one? The horn being placed on the indicator.. and the funny noise from the indicators :lol:
You got grit !!!
We've had the Mk2 2.0 hdi about 8 months now and once I got used to the soft suspension it does handle and hold the road surprisingly well.
So where does this bit go then ?
(05-06-2013, 10:03 PM)geoff Wrote:  You got grit !!!

Sorry, I don't get the lingo (see what I did there?) :lol:
Can't tell if I got a compliment, or told off :wave:
(06-06-2013, 04:48 PM)onepointfour Wrote:  
(05-06-2013, 10:03 PM)geoff Wrote:  You got grit !!!

Sorry, I don't get the lingo (see what I did there?) :lol:
Can't tell if I got a compliment, or told off :wave:

.... Compliment ..... my fault I didn't see your location :wave::wave:
Ignore the body roll....they corner fine.
[fon‌t=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]The Older I get the Better I Was!  Cool [/font]
(08-06-2013, 05:27 PM)OlJeffers Wrote:  Ignore the body roll....they corner fine.

I have to agree, if the body is rolling you're going wayyyyyyy too fast.

It's a berlingo, a utility vehicle, not a Bugatti.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to steve valentine for this post
It rolls, but won't fall over.

Decent wheels and tyres and they handle just fine. They are utility vehicles but don't need to be driven like tractors
My opinion,for what it's worth,is that the Berlingo handles very well for a van based car.I like to "enjoy" A roads & driven sensibly,it's a lot of fun.Letting off the throttle slows understeer & keeps my seat clean.:thumbsup:
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
Been a MK2 owner almost a year now, now issues, but the understeer...especially in the wet:eek:
Perhaps I should try new tyres (current ones are Federal SUper Steel?").